0.8

Beolsae, was the name my mother picked for me

Beolsae, was the name my mother picked for me. It was her little gift, she gave me a bit of her soul for me to carry. For she used to look at hummingbirds the same way I was looking at you.

I smiled placing the picture in my pencil box. And just like that the world started spinning once again, cherry blossoms floating through the air, whispering stories of me, stories of you, stories of us.

We went under the cherry tree once again, and yesterday was forgotten. We were both silent but perhaps it was better like that, because I knew you acknowledged my existence. And that was enough to fulfill my heart.

You walked me home that day, you watched the sky like it was a work of art, plump lips parted, eyes shining in the lazy sunset hues.

It was a pleasant silence, both our souls settled, singing in harmony a song neither of us, perhaps, understood. And we danced along, blindfolded, trusting the strands of fate that sewed us together.

I wanted you and you wanted something I couldn't reach.

When you reached my doorsteps you stopped, and for a moment we were frozen in time and space, staring at each other as if it was only us alone in this world.

You bowed and walked away, I smiled and watched you disappear in the horizon, hands gripping on the freshly painted wall.