↳ slowly

A/N: Should I include the word count to these? I don't really go for a specific length when I write, so some of these turn out to be either long or short imagines.

Let me know what you think.

*****

"It's not mine," you whispered harshly, shoving the plastic candy wrap onto Jaemin's desk. He reacted by pushing it back.

"Well, it's not mine either," he retorted, crossing his arms.

"I saw it on your desk first," you said.

"Doesn't mean it's mine," he snapped.

"Whose could it be then?" you hissed. You vaguely remembered seeing him with a lollipop in his mouth earlier. It had to be his!

"Would you two stop bickering with each other?" The teacher called out from her desk. "You're acting like an old married couple."

Your heads snapped up. It seems that the entire class had been watching you and Jaemin argue for the past minute or so.

Immediately you felt your face begin to burn, looking away from Jaemin. He must have felt embarrassed as well as he took the wrapper and threw it in the trash without another word. You groaned inwardly as your friends snickered, guaranteed to tease you and Jaemin later about this.

"Now what was I saying?" the teacher pondered with her hands on her hips.

"The trip?" someone recalled from the back of the room.

"Ah yes!" The teacher's eyes lit up, thanking the student quickly before clearing her throat. "As I mentioned earlier, we'll be taking two busses to the Museum tomorrow. Everyone must be here by eight in the morning before we split you into groups. And a final reminder that if you don't pack a lunch, you must bring your own money. Cash only!"

The school bell rang just as the last words slipped out of the teacher's mouth. Everyone began to pack their belongings, earning a sigh from the teacher.

"I'll see you all tomorrow! Remember, eight o'clock!"

You made your way down the hallway, making sure to avoid Jaemin on your way to your locker. Though you were good friends, he did manage to get on your nerves sometimes.

Intentionally, or unintentionally.

"Jheez y/n," Sara, your best friend, giggled as she ran to your side.

"You should've seen the look on Alice's face when the teacher called you guys out."

You mentally face-palmed myself. Alice. Of course, why didn't you realize it? Everyone knew Alice had feelings for Jaemin. It was clear as day by the way she would smile and act especially kind to him. Jaemin, however, didn't seem to acknowledge it.

You wouldn't call Alice your friend, but you were well aware of her crush on him. You should have been more careful.

"Was she mad?" You asked, shutting your locker closed.

Sara shook her head. "A little annoyed, maybe. Nothing personal though."

Then she paused. "I think."

You laughed before swinging your bag over your shoulders. "I guess I should steer away from Jae during the trip. That might help."

This didn't seem to sit well with Sara as she faced you with a frown. "Hold on a minute. Why do you have to stop talking to Jaemin for another girl? It doesn't make sense. You guys are friends," she crossed her arms.