↳ not even in a gown

A/n: Omg! First of all thank you SO much for 1k reads!! I cannot believe I reached this far on here 🥺 You guys are amazing. Seriously.

Finals are around the corner for me, so my imagination has reached a stump since I have to focus on studying now. But I was wondering...

Would you guys be interested if I took requests? 👀

Let me know in the comments! :)

*****

You were slumped over on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. You weren't quite sure why but ever since you woke up you've been in a bad mood. You felt irritated with everything, and it wasn't even that time of month yet.

Your bestfriend was texting you about her boy problems again, blowing up your phone. Frustrated, you turned it on silent and placed it on the coffee table with the screen facing down.

As much as you loved her, you couldn't help but feel fed up with it. She was too stubborn to take your advice when she asked, and when you tried to be a listener, you ended up hearing the same thing over and over again.

Being her emotional punching bag was exhausting.

To add, it felt like you had no one to talk about your feelings to. For the longest time you've had a crush on your friend, Jaemin. Sometimes it felt like he liked you back, but whenever you brought it up to your best friend, they would immediately bring up their own dilemmas. 

It's as if your problems didn't matter as much as theirs.

At a time like this, you would have loved to de-stress by hitting up the dance studio down the street. Dancing had always been your way of distracting yourself. However, it was the weekened, which meant the studio wouldn't be open until Monday.

You sighed, bringing your forearm up to cover your eyes. All of this overthinking was giving you a headache. 

After a few minutes you reached over to check your phone, in case your bestfriend was mad at you. Instead, your eyes widened when you saw who the last text was from.

Jaemin: Hey, how are you feeling?

Immediately you sat up, clutching your phone with both hands. Your fingers typed away as you sent a reply.

You: Hey! I'm good. Why the sudden question..?

You sucked in a breath as Jaemin sent a response back. You didn't expect a fast reply, so it made your heart skip a beat. It raced faster when you read his next message.

Jaemin: You seemed a bit off lately. Are you sure?

Jaemin: I'll listen if you need to talk about anything.

Your heart melted. How was it that Jaemin seemed to be the only one who cared? It's like he always knew what was going inside your head. Your bottom lip tucked underneath your teeth as you contemplated on what to say.

Sure it would be nice to talk to someone...but you also didn't want to burden him with your troubles.

You: Thanks Jae :)) I really appreciate. But I think I just need to get my mind off of things.

You stared nervously down at the text, wondering if you should've just ranted to him instead. However, you almost dropped your phone when it began to ring. Hesitantly, you swiped right and placed the phone against your ear.