Chapter Nine

"Eliminate?" Bellamy asked, "This isn't just removing a threat. You're talking about murder."

"You've never had a problem with it before," Clarke challenged.

Bellamy growled, "That was different."

"That army was there to help you, and you murdered every last one of them. Even the wounded."

"And then I helped you stop Pike, didn't I?"

Clarke rolled her eyes, "The culling on the Ark? Mount Weather? That army? What about all those innocent people under A.L.I.E.'s control? Should I go on?"

"That was different-"

"Yes," Clarke nodded, "Because those weren't justified."

Bellamy growled, "I understand most of them, but you helped at Mount Weather, and those innocent people were going to kill us-"

"Thank you, then, for saving us," Clarke crossed her arms, "We're eternally grateful."

"I was fighting A.L.I.E. to protect you," he continued, "You needed time for the kill switch and we got it for you."

Clarke drawled, "And that army? What did they do?"

"Stop it!" I shouted, stepping between them.

"You should be mad about that army," Clarke snapped, "They were your people-"

I turned to her and let out a growl deep in my throat, "You are my people. And yes, that army shouldn't have died, but Bellamy fixed it as well as he could in the end."

"So who's side are you on?" Clarke demanded.

"I'm on whatever side stops the killing," I looked between them, "And right now, that is neither side."

Bellamy raised an eyebrow, "I assume you have a plan?"

"The worms," I stated, "If Octavia will use them against Diyoza, then we destroy them and kill Cooper. Make it look like an accident."

"What happened to stopping the killing?"

I frowned, "I don't care if we sacrifice the few to save the many. Killing Octavia would result in a power struggle, and that would put everyone in danger, especially Madi. More than one person would die, and we could end up with a leader far worse than her. Besides, Cooper is hardly innocent."

"How do we do this?" Bellamy asked.

"We get help," Clarke smiled, "I know just who to ask."

All of us sat down at lunch in the bunker, "I'll go talk to her." Bellamy walked over to Indra's table.

"I'm sorry, isn't he the one who destroyed her whole army? And subsequently, her clan?" Monty asked.

"I'll go make sure he doesn't say anything offensive," Clarke followed, as did I.

Bellamy turned to the other leaders, "We need to talk to Indra. Alone."

The elders looked at us expectantly, so Clarke added, "That means move."

So much for saying nothing offensive.

They talked to Indra about there plan while I kept watch, making sure none of the soldiers devotedly loyal to blodreina heard us.

"What do you need me to do?"

After we discussed the plan with her, Indra asked, "Is there any other way?"

"I already told her about the possible plan to surrender and share the valley," Clarke told us.

"And?"