Chapter Eleven

"Sky," someone shook me awake.

I woke up facing Bellamy, "I didn't break your nose this time." I referred to this morning.

"I appreciate that."

We weren't in the arena anymore, I noticed. We were outside in the rubble of Polis.

I slowly sat upright, "You got lucky. Indra nearly killed you. Jackson patched you up."

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Only a few hours," Bellamy said, "Don't ever do that again."

"Next time, fight," I frowned, "What happened?"

"Octavia burned the hydrofarm," Bellamy said, "Clarke escaped with Madi in the rover with the worms in it. Regardless, blodreina marches at dawn."

I nodded, walking over to my tent.

"Where are you going?" Bellamy asked.

"To pack," I shrugged, "She may have tried to kill you, but I assume you're still marching with her."

He nodded, "You're not coming."

"You can't stop me," I slid my swords into their sheaths, my daggers back into the ankle straps in my boots, and my gun into its holster at my thigh.

"I know," Bellamy sighed, grabbing a sedative, "But I can delay you."

I sliced the stick in half with my sword and stood on the other one, crushing it, "No."

"Fine," Bellamy said, then sweeping down to my feet to knock me over.

I jumped above his foot and kicked him out of the tent. He landed flat on his back as I walked over to join the march.

It was the twilight before morning. We left soon.

"I'm coming," I growled, "That's final."

He sighed in defeat, "Alright."

I helped him up, "Try to stop me again, you'll be in the infirmary for a week if you're lucky."

"Good to know," Bellamy grabbed a gun and followed me in the march.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

Bellamy explained, "Echo will tell us when she finds a good entrance to the valley, but in Trig. They're listening."

After a day of marching, we stopped to check in on the radios.

Echo had a plan.

I just wasn't invited into the tent where Bellamy announced it.

"Great, so I'm not allowed to know the plan?"

"She'll tell you when we get there," Bellamy sighed. He would probably explain, but Octavia may actually kill him this time.

I joked, "So how's the mighty blodreina?"

"Octavia isn't the same," well that was obvious, "She burned the hydrofarm to force us into war. One that, without the worms, we can't win."

"Echo will figure something out," I tried to reassure.

Bellamy sighed, "It's not Echo that I'm worried about."

"Clarke and Madi?" I asked.

"I know why Clarke left, but Madi is the only one who can talk down the army," I sighed, "Then she'd have to face Octavia. Clarke will do anything to protect her."

I nodded, "Madi lived in shadow valley, basically a world of sunshine and rainbows. Then, she managed to hide from the flame keeper scouts and helped Clarke survive six years in Eden."