THE WORLD

KIRA HAD WON.

He finally got rid of everyone who opposed him. The dawn of a new era began in his new world, where everyone, whether they liked it or not, would live under his reign.

Everything worked just as he planned it to. The world was revitalizing, with crime rates rapidly decreasing to the point where there was barely any of them for they were too afraid of their God.

Most people admired and worshipped Kira— even the president himself stood by this God no one knew the true identity of, yet.

But there is no such thing as a perfect, crime-free world.

Half a year after Near's elimination, the peaceful world had become once again chaotic and more perilous than before. A series of mass killings of innocent, unrelated people emerged and rose all over the globe. A large organization, it seemed, working under the ideals of their boss who opposed Kira.

Jack The Ripper II, or J2, for short, as people called them. With them creating global mayhem, the police, along with several detectives, began to grow hot on their heels, whether or not under the commands of Kira.

Despite their hardwork however, they still couldn't find anything important that would serve as their link to J's whereabouts and identity. And even with the help of his trusted companion, Mikami, who possessed the Shinigami eyes, Kira still couldn't locate where his nemesis was.

Just as when he thought that his battles were finally over came J, happily and with no little remorse, opposing him and eliminating the ones who supported him. And for what? Just for fun? For rivalry? They were ruining the world Kira was trying to polish. They were ruining everything. Instead of turning to a crime-free world, its state only worsened, even worse than before.

It was no good. People were counting on him. He was God. He was supposed to protect his people. But how? Even with great, countless detectives investigating the case on their own, they still couldn't find a hint.

What would he do that he's close to losing, a thing he absolutely hated? He couldn't afford to lose and surrender the world to someone he thought of as evil.

The last thing he wanted was to establish any more connections with anyone. But if he alone couldn't figure out who his nemesis was, then perhaps a bit of ‘teamwork’ might just do the trick.

A teamwork which he anticipated to last as short as possible.

However, things don't always turn out to be what one hopes them to be, do they?

A/N: mATE i've been wanting to publish this fic ever since and aaaaaa i finally did it!! although the next update would probably be some months from now. i'll update this once i finish writing more than 5-10 chapters. and yeah, just to let you know, slow-burn ahead :> not much of that lovey-dovey stuffs too. long-ass chapters are to be expected. and don't expect too much from me & this. i'm just a kid. i'm not as smart as the creators of death note hahaha but seriously i don't have the best writing skills so there may be some plotholes (?) but i'll try hard to avoid them and keep my focus while writing :') there will inevitably be some ooc stuffs along the way too. so uhm, yeah. i might try to create a less serious (?) light x reader fic too someday. or not. or idk.

moving on.... lemme just say that i honestly love his character. i've never been this emotionally attached to an anime character before. i... cAN I MARRY HIM ALREADY—

(sorry L i have sinned again)

so.. have this light wallpaper i made back then because why not

filtered and original version

me:

me: