After the Calamity

-10 years after the Calamity-
-Gerudo Town-

A small girl is running around happily, her mother grabbing her arm sternly yet smiles at her. Everything is peaceful, soon there will be a coronation for the young King of the Gerudo; Covarog Dragmire of Hyrule, son of King Ganondorf and Queen Zelda of Hyrule. The little girl walked side by side with her mother and into the barracks to see her aunt Lady Urbosa, pilot of the divine beast Vah Naboris.
"Here she is, come here Ayeisha, hello Marina",

Ayeisha Urbosa, niece of Lady Urbosa, daughter to Marina Urbosa and soon to be pilot of Vah Naboris, made her way proudly to her aunt. She held her arms up and her aunt picked her up.
"Tell the ladies how old you are Ayeisha"
"Six!" The little girl smiled proudly and the ladies all acted surprised for her sake. The horn was blown, this meant the coronation was to take place in a few moments and that the royal family was at the gates.
"Come Ayeisha, we must be going darling, see you later sister"

Lady Urbosa nodded and left with the army, while Marina and Ayeisha made their way to the center of Gerudo Town to receive the royal family and their new future King. The people gathered at the center of town and bowed as soon as Queen Zelda and King Ganondorf dismounted their horses, followed by young Prince Covarog, today was also his 16th nameday.
King Ganondorf addressed the town; "People of Gerudo Town, firstly, i would like to thank you all for helping us in... basically saving my life 10 years ago during the calamity, secondly; this will be a week of celebration, today, is Prince Covarog's 16th nameday, and as of tonight, he will be your King"
The people cheered and Prince Covarog gave them all a big proud smile, Queen Zelda gave them all a teary smile, while King Ganondorf continued; "Tonight we feast and tomorrow, a new era will begin for the people of Gerudo Town!"

Ayeisha didn't know what was happening, all she knew is that she made eye contact with Prince Covarog and he with her, his eyes turned a bright yellow, then he blinked and looked away all confused, Queen Zelda saw this and looked between the two, then smiled a little. Little Ayeisha followed her mother to greet the royal family personally, she was scared yet excited maybe? When it was their turn, Marina bowed and little Ayeisha followed her mothers lead, Queen Zelda picked her up carefully and held her for a bit while Marina was surprised. "And who might you be dear?"
"Ayeisha Urbosa your mawjesty", Queen Zelda smiled wide "You are Lady Urbosa's niece correct?"
Ayeisha simply nodded and Queen Zelda put her back down and addressed Marina in hyrulean. Ayeisha looked at her mother confused, she didn't know hyrulean dialect, even tho... her father was hyrulean, she tugged at her mother's skirt carefully and asked to go play, she got the permission and left to play with the other kids, being half hyrulean and half gerudo, she would develop faster, she had all the skills of the gerudo women, strong, resilient and the appearance of a normal hylean, long hair, pointy ears and enough energy to play for hours.

-Covarog Dragmire-
This could not be happening, I swear to Nabooru, I didn't see this little girl has my mate, mother told me this could happen, she wasn't older than 6!! Oh for Godess Hylia!!.
"Son, I saw what happened, we can talk in the manor".

I nodded to my mother and walked inside my predecessors manor, it was beautiful, all open yet fully guarded, there she stood, Lady Aranza Urbosa, the pilot of Vah Naboris and aunt to my... to little Ayeisha, they stood in attention as i was introduced to them, then mother escorted me to the royal chambers and sat down with me.

"She is 6 years young, she will be fully developed in 10 more years, her mother already gave her conscent and will talk to her once she reaches her 16th nameday Covarog".

"Mother she is a CHILD, i cannot conscent this, its ridiculous"

She held her hand up to silence me, it worked...

"It's Gerudo law Covarog, once she reaches her mature age, you will have to claim her has your mate, Urbosa will be informed and you will have to pick another pilot... Ayeisha will hate you for it, but she is yours as of now"

I sighed and cleaned the sweat of my face with my hands, this couldn't get worse, with the information setting in my head, I began to get ready for my coronation.

-3 hours later-
The decorations were set in reds and golds, the shops closed hours ago to make way for the coronation of the new Gerudo King, the people were gathering at the small plaza murmuring and commenting on the royal family. Little Ayeisha was giddy, her mother was holding her and she wanted to stand with the other kids but her mother kept a tight yet gentle grip on her.
"You can go play tomorrow darling, today has been a long day ok?"
"Yes mama"

The royal family came out to the grand balcony and everyone cheered, Ayeisha looked up and there he was, looking at her, then he looked back at the Queen, the King spoke;
"People of Gerudo town, today... you will have a new King, a Leader, a friend, he will rule with justice and equality, with inteligence and a sense of responsability, my son Covarog Dragmire, will be your leader"

Prince Covarog walked to the center of the balcony and stood next to his father, proudly listening and taking in all the information he had been given. Ganondorf spoke again, this time to his son;
"Do you promise and swear, Covarog Dragmire, to rule the Gerudo with justice, inteligence and responsability, to find your mate and dedicate yourself only to her, to help in everything and anything needed, to persevere, to build a better Gerudo Town and to continue on the legacy passed down by the ancestors before you?"

"This I vow, Ganondorf Dragmire, I shall do whatever is asked of me to ensure a brighter future for the Gerudo people, to whatever is the extent of my power"

"Then... I have nothing else to say"

King Ganondorf and Queen Zelda picked up a golden crown made of rubies and placed it on their son's head, the crowd cheered once more, as the royal family presented their son as the new King of the Gerudo, it was a new era indeed, and a new beginning for everyone after the great Calamity.

————————————————————————
A/n: This is my comeback story, it's obviously a LoZ fanfic that takes place after the events of BoTW (not canon).

Disclaimer: i do not own the zelda characters, my only characters are Ayeisha and Marina Urbosa and Ayeisha's father (who we will meet later on), please read and review this story and if there is ANYTHING that needs to be fixed, let me know.

Ps: i am updating and writing from my phone so it takes a while, thanks for understanding.
Ps2: IMAGES FROM PINTEREST, THEY ARE NOT MINE

-Athena