Chapter 9

Hey Guys! I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten. The contents in this chapter happens few months later.

Kevin:

After my dad retire, he let me take full responsibility for the company and its branches outside the country that make my schedule so grueling. The only time I have for myself is when I able to talk with Alice over the phone, but I don't know that this is the day my world would turn upside down when I just read the headline worldwide.

How true that Prince Stephan seeing Doctor Alice Styles?

This is ridiculous! (slamming down the laptop on my table). I need to talk to her otherwise, I will fly to Spain just to get her. I must talk to Leila as well.

(calling Leila). Goddamn it! Why is everyone not answering? Somebody got to give me answers!

(knock! knock). Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but your board meeting is about to start.

I've heard it, Miss Lou.

Slamming the door of my office that startled my secretary.

What's wrong, Lou?

Nothing, Sir. I'm just worried, you seem not in a good mood, and I can feel what's going to happen in the meeting later.

We'll see about that.

I was not expecting to see my dad, the chairman emeritus of the company inside the room.

Why are you here, dad?

I just missed my employees, and I will be here until the meeting is done.

Suit yourself, dad. Where's mom anyway?

In the canteen, I think. She mentioned that it might be good to catch up with her Amigas there. Don't mind me here, son. You should start now.

Okay then. (a few hours have passed, the meeting is done. Good havens.)

Lou, cancel all my schedules today until the rest of the week, and I don't want anyone disturbing me, okay!

But sir, you have a meeting with your foreign investor tomorrow in Asia.

Tell them I'm busy. No more questions.

Noted, sir.

Dad, I have to go. Tell mom I love her.

Tell me, is this about Alice?

How did you know, dad?

We saw the headlines on the news.

I don't want us to talk about it, dad but I really need to see her.

Okay then, take care, son.

Lou, assist my dad to my office and get mom on the canteen. You have a week off now by the way.

What? Sir, Kevin, wait?

You've heard your boss, Lou. He's madly in love, and we can't do anything with him. But before you go, please send emails to our foreign investors, and leave your phone open, okay?

Yes, Chairman.

Okay. I'll just go see my wife downstairs.

I took a private plane all the way to Spain, and I don't understand why my younger sister is still not replying. Even Alice. What are they doing?
I fall asleep for god knows how long, and I just noticed that I didn't bring anything, apart from suit. Stupid heart. But I won't allow anyone to steal my woman! Even if he's a fucking prince.

I was in that state of mind when I heard the flight attendant spoke.

Sir, your car is already waiting outside.

Oh, we're here. Okay. Thank you.

You're welcome, sir.

I reached Leila's house within an hour, and I'm wondering why the house seem empty. Only to find Beatriz in the backyard, watering the plants.

Hola, Beatriz!

Dios Mio, senorito!

Lol! Did I scare you? Where are your bosses?

Leila's still in her rehearsal, sir. While Miss Alice hasn't been home since yesterday.

What? Nevermind. I'll just visit her. Could you just open the main gate, please?

Right away.

I can't wait to see Alice, but I was fuming because I can't enter the hospital grounds without having a lot of discussion with the guards and their protocol.
But where the heck is her office?

Excuse me sir, says the guard at the lobby. May I ask who you are looking to?

Oh, I'm looking for Doctor Alice Styles's office.

What's your name, sir? Do you have an appointment with her?

Kevin Morisson, her boyfriend. And I don't have meeting with her. I just want to see her.

Okay. Just go straight that hall and 5th door on the left.

Thanks, man.

I locate her office in no time, I was knocking at her door, but no one's answering. I came in to notice just her jacket in her chair. I was waiting for I don't know how long, and she's not back yet.
I'm getting impatient waiting, but I have to control myself. I just needed to use her restroom. I was about to get up when the door open. My heart beat so fast, and I heard Alice giving instructions to the nurse beside her, while I'm trying to hide behind the door. I've waited until the nurse left, and I walk slowly behind her, putting my hands in her mouth while I'm whispering, (don't shout, or you'll be dead).

I hope you guys like this chapter. Anyone would like to guess what's going to happen next?

Any thoughts? Please write it down in the comment section below.

Thank you guys for waiting.

See you all in the next chapter.