fifteen

Mystery Man P.O.V.

I was a nervous wreck waiting to see if she wrote back. Maybe she didn't want to know who I was. She did say she likes the mysteriousness about this whole thing. I'm never this nervous, not even for a big meeting at the office.

As I told her though, I'm ready. Seeing her every day at the office was torture. I hated not being able to talk to her like I do in my letters. I meant everything I wrote to her in that letter. I was getting to that age where most men got married and have a family. I was ready for that life, with Naina, I just hope telling her, didn't scare her away. I don't want it to look like I was rushing things.

When I arrived at Blue Mug, I checked to see if there was a response to my letter, and there was. Secondly, I made sure Naina wasn't around before grabbing it. Some days it was hard dodging the whole, getting caught by anyone who would tell her who I was. I've noticed a male worker keeping an eye out from time to time. He would surely blow my cover.

Secretly grabbing the letter from its spot, I made my way to a table and sat down, hiding the letter in my jacket. I want to read it now, but I need to be careful. I can't get caught now when we're so close to meeting on a date.

When I finally found the time to read the letter, I wasted no time in doing so.

Mystery Man,

They always say great minds think alike, and in this case, it's true. I've also been thinking about us meeting up, and was going to set a time and place to do so, but it looks like you beat me to it.

For the farmhouse idea, I'd love to go, as long as everything goes great with the meeting. Well, as long as I know you're not planning on killing me, lol. Oh God, did I just write lol and it's in pen. Of course, I can't erase it, and crossing it out would look tacky. Okay, just forget you read that part.

Anyways, Remy would also enjoy being outdoors, with him getting bigger, I know he needs that. My apartment is just too small for him now. No worries though, in the next few months I'm going to start looking for an actual house. Fingers crossed; the process goes smoothly.

I'm genuinely nervous, about the whole meeting thing, that is. Even though we've been talking in our letters, I'm afraid I'm going to screw this up somehow. You said I know you better than I think, but to be honest, that goes way over my head. Just know I am ready for this.

Well, that's all for now.

xoxo

Naina

P.S. I'm counting down the days till we meet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one nervous here, but what surprised me was her ending. She's never put xoxo at the end of her letters. That has to mean something, right? Am I overthinking this?

This needs to be perfect for her and nothing can ruin it. I had everything planned out for this date. I wasn't going to take her anywhere fancy because I knew she's not like that. Don't get me wrong, she's worth every dollar I spend, but she wouldn't enjoy our date. Would she even consider this as a date?

Plus, I don't need people talking about my personal business. Naina's not used to that type of life and it may scare her.

Maybe if things go well, I can help her find a place. I knew a few realtors that could find her what she's looking for and at a good price too.

.

Naina's P.O.V

Today was Friday, meaning tomorrow was our face to face meeting. Wait, or is it a date? I wasn't sure what to call it now. What if it was just a friendly meeting? I was anxious, to say the least. Manit was coming over later to help me pick my outfit out since I worked until two tomorrow. I wanted to look perfect.

Through the week, I've been getting little gifts like chocolates with heart-shaped notes, along with items he knew I liked. I was falling in love with a guy I've never met, or so I think I've never met. He did say I knew him more than I thought. I pray that I'm not making a mistake because I think I'll be heartbroken, maybe even depressed.

Okay, that's a little much don't you think Naina. He's not a man if he breaks your heart.

Hush it, inner self. Great, now I'm talking to myself. Is it time to leave yet? Why is the time going so slow today?

I was brought out of the inner battle with myself by the clearing of a throat. Oh no, please don't be Mr. Mehta, please don't let it be him. Looking up at the interrupter slowly, I came face to face with Mr. Mehta. Please let the ground swallow me up. It's embarrassing to get caught by your boss. Especially when you're having an inner talk with yourself.

With a small smirk on his face, he asked, "Miss Joshi, is everything okay?"

Now, clearing my throat, I responded back to him. " Yes, Sir. Sorry, I got a little distracted."

"As long as you are getting your work done on time Miss Joshi, I don't mind." With a retreating smile, he went back into his office, but not before sending another rare smile. I knew my face had to be red from the embarrassment. He must think I'm weird.

This past week, Mr. Mehta has been nothing but nice to me, although he's nice to me with every encounter we have. Though, I've noticed he smiles more around me and it's strange. Not a bad strange, more like confusing.

He always wears his business face around the office, or at the coffee shop, when he's there. Don't think too much into it, it's probably nothing, you're just a good employee, that's all. You've been doing your job with no problems. Mukesh has even told me I'm doing great.

By the time I got home from the office, Manit was waiting for me. He wasn't able to stay long because he had a date himself tonight. I was happy for my best friend and hoped this was the right guy for him. I haven't heard much about the man he's talking to, but I'm sure I'll find out later on.

We ended up picking out an off the shoulder, navy blue romper, with a brown belt as an accent piece. I paired it with some brown sandals that wrapped around the ankle.

After Manit left, I decided to relax in the bathtub. Remy followed me into the bathroom and laid on the fluffy rug while I bathed. An hour later, we called it an early night, considering I had work tomorrow morning.

.

Today was the day, and I've been anxious all day long. It was now 4:15 P.M. as I was doing the finishing touches to my hair. I didn't do anything spectacular with it, I had it in beach waves.

With Blue Mug's only being fifteen minutes away, I was going to walk there. Making sure Remy was set for the night until I got back, I grabbed my purse and keys, then left.

The whole way there, my heart was beating a mile a minute. The palms of my hands were getting sweaty, and my anxiety was getting worse. This was it; this is where I finally meet my Mystery Man.

Arriving at Blue Mug, there stood a man with dark hair holding a bouquet of white roses. He was wearing a white t-shirt that showed off his muscles and sleeves of tattoos. He matched it with black pants and high tops. That was him, so with a shaky breath, I walked closer. As I was getting closer to him, he turned my way, and I couldn't believe who he was. Never would I have thought he was my mystery man. There were so many questions running through my head as I just stood in the same spot, all while he made his way to me. This has to be a dream.

"Naina."