two

-- lucy heartfilia --

alarm clocks really piss me off. i nearly had a heart attack when i woke up - i was so used to just getting up whenever i wanted during the summer.

nonetheless, i was still somewhat late to class. thank the lord that levy, one of my roommates, waited for me to get ready and shit so we could walk to class together. i'm new, and she's been here since freshman year, so she doesn't want me to make the same mistake she did on her first day and walk into a class full of kids from a completely different grade.

levy's not in my class, unfortunately, but my two other roommates are; erza and cana. they left long ago, probably to get coffee at one of the cafes on campus.

we both walk down the hallway, looking up at the small signs above each door. i stop in front of the one that reads 'SE-2' and glance over at levy.

"this is my stop. thanks for helping me out."

"no problem." she points over at the class next to mine. "my class is there. you're allowed to go out in the hallways during break periods or lunch, so if you need anything you know where i'll be."

i give her a small nod in response and walk into class. most people are already mingling and talking amongst their friend groups, and a few kids give me weird looks as i walk in. i notice erza and cana at the back of the room and go over to them.

"lucy," erza gives me a smile. "you made it here on time."

"thanks to levy. i would probably be lost if it wasn't for her."

"it's a big school, i don't blame you. by the way, there's a seating plan of some sorts.

i look around the room, noticing that folders filled with sheets sit on each desk. erza has hers in her hand, her name in bold letters on the front.

"ms vermillion knows me too well." cana groans. "she's put me at the front."

"you are a chatterbox."

"shut up, erza." the brunette leans against the wall, before clicking her fingers as if she just remembered something. "lucy, you're in for quite a ride this year."

"why exactly?"

"you're sitting next to natsu dragneel."

the first name sounds familiar, i just can't place my finger on it. i don't know why it does, since i know little to nobody at this school.

"who's that?"

"he's got pink hair that basically defies gravity. oh, and he's a bit of an idiot at times."

pink hair, hm? the only other student apart from my roommates that i've talked to so far is the boy i bumped into yesterday. i'd say his hair is more of a salmon colour, but each to their own i guess.

oh yeah, didn't he tell me his name?

erza shakes her head. "he can be an airhead, but we're very good friends with him nonetheless. he's a bit awkward and doesn't like eye contact though."

"i think i know him."

"you what?" cana's eyes widen.

"i bumped into this boy yesterday. spiky pink hair, kind of muscular stature? he also had a scar on his neck."

"that's natsu." the redhead grins. "now that i think about it, you both would probably get along very well."

cana quirks an eyebrow. "you think so? you know he's a mess when it comes to girls. honestly, i can't imagine him falling in love."