Formalities

"Peter, can you get those boxes, please?"

The teen got up and grabbed the neatly packed boxes, carrying them over to his father. They were full of extra linens Tony had gotten for the guest floor. Sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, and more were nearly stacked, nestled together in the boxes.

Tony was already carrying the heavier stuff - kitchen wares like a new blender and toaster, a set of dishes, and a box of steak knives, as well as one of the dresser sets to build later for one of the bedrooms - which Tony had forbidden Peter to try and carry. The two made their way to the elevator and rode down a few floors to the guest rooms. Happy, Rhodey, and Pepper were already there, working on unpacking the stuff Tony had brought down earlier.

"Got the linens," Tony said, maneuvering around the empty boxes Pepper had stacked near the elevator. "And the rest of the kitchen stuff."

Happy came to help with the boxes.

"Why don't you go help Rhodey with those sheets and blankets, kiddo? He's down the hall." Happy looked over Tony's shoulder at Peter, who was still standing in the elevator doors. The teen made his way past his dad and Happy, then rounded a few corners and headed down the hall. Because of the layout of the floors, the guest apartment was a perfect mirror of the Penthouse, with the kitchen, living room, and dining room at the forefront and the bedrooms, bathrooms, and laundry room down the hall behind the kitchen.

"Uncle Rhodey?"

"In here!"

Peter followed Rhodey's voice into one of the rooms. The man was surrounded by pieces of wood and hardware, a paper booklet of instructions in front of him. "Want to help with this desk?"

Peter looked down. "You've got the drawer piece on up-side down."

"Fuck!" Rhodey looked up at Peter as soon as the word left his mouth. "Not a word of that to your dad. He doesn't want us swearing around you."

"I'm 14," Peter said, rolling his eyes. "I know about swearing."

"And do you do it at school when we aren't around?"

Peter just shuffled his feet and reddened a little. Rhodey laughed.

"I won't say anything."

Peter flashed his uncle a relieved smile, then tip-toed around the pieces and put the box in the corner of the room before taking a seat on the carpet. "How can I help?"

"Hand me that- no, that over there- yeah, thanks." The two worked quietly, only talking when they needed the other to grab something or to help with a particular step of the process. With two minds and four hands, the furniture went a lot quicker, and they had the desk up and moved against one of the walls in no time. Peter pulled out a set of soft, cotton sheets from the box and tossed one side to his uncle.

"Help me with this."

The two made the bed, complete with pillows and a heavy blanket, then took a step back to admire the room. Tony, true to his word, was making the Tower quite the inviting base. The guest floor had been decked out in all the newest tech, and the furniture was all expensive wood. Since they didn't know what everyone would like, they had opted for muted colors of grey, white, and tan for the sheets. They could change it later if they wanted.

"Are you guys done with that desk yet?" Happy yelled from down the hall.

Peter poked his head out. "Yup! And we even made the bed!"

"Great, then bring the rest of those sheets to the other rooms."

Peter ran down the hall, distributing the sheets, pillows, and blankets to everyone, then stacking towels in the bathrooms and hanging all the shower curtains.