Chapter 3

Had Hoseok known that mermen were protecting something this much, he wouldn't have let Taehyung ever get near any of them to utter that name.

All Taehyung had wanted to do was seek information about the person he's been hunting for six years!

Had he known that uttering that name would unfold such frightening scene in front of them, he would have kept Taehyung a million light years away from the mermen.

Because right now, all that Hoseok can see, is dark red blood.

Taehyung looks pale and Hoseok has no clue what to do.

His own blood rushing in his veins, his mind screaming at him to take Taehyung and run out of there. He swears all the captives around him can hear his thunderous heartbeat.

Because the woman lying dead in front of them, was a mermaid - wife of the merman Taehyung was questioning.

She was the mermaid under Namjoon's case. And they hadn't just messed with Namjoon's business, they had erased a part of it.

All it took for the woman to kill herself, were two words.

Only two words. One name. Had led to this.

"Ahn Hyejin."

~~~

"Taehyung, do you think...?"

"No, Hoseok." Is Taehyung's immediate reply.

He doesn't even want to think of that possibility.

Both Taehyung and Hoseok are shaken up by what just happened. Taehyung, because someone just killed herself in front of him and Hoseok is sure that's the maximum amount of blood Taehyung's witnessed in his entire life! For Hoseok, witnessing murders, suicides or any other gruesome scenes wasn't uncommon, but the thought that the crown prince will find out what happened because of who, is spine chilling.

Just what was he thinking letting Taehyung see that captive?!

Things would have went wrong in another manner. It would have even been possible for him to hide it from the crown prince. But this? This is something crown prince will be informed of instantly.

And there's no way out of this one.

It is not death that he fears. It's Kim Namjoon. His wrath. The crown prince's wrath is something deadlier than death itself, to Jung Hoseok.

Taehyung shakes his head as if trying to persuade himself that he is right and Hoseok is wrong.

"Deep down, believe it or not, you suspect--"

"No, Hoseok! No. Shut it, will you?!"

"Taehyung, being a prince, you cannot take decisions for a criminal based on your personal feelings. Moreover--"

"Jung Hoseok." Taehyung warns. His voice as cold as ice.

"--The time she disappeared and the time of all the felonious --"

Taehyung throws the nearest vase full of flowers with such force, Hoseok is sure he would've died if Taehyung would've aimed for his head and not the floor right in front of his feet.

"It's time we reveal her truth. What you are doing is covering a possible terrorist."

"None of it is proved yet! She could be as clean as," Taehyung's voice cracks as he looks away, his eyes wide, trying to find his voice back.

"Are you starting to show that you mistrust her just as much as I do, Your Highness?" Hoseok takes a step ahead and the vase below his covered feet creaks. "Are you going to cover for her again? Just like how you did when she murdered--"

"Argh--" Taehyung screams and starts throwing anything and everything within his hands range.

He is frustrated.

Very.

And Hoseok knows it.

Hoseok just has to add a few more words, like he'd been doing time and time again for years, to grow Taehyung's suspicion slowly and steadily.

And he's been doing well.

He's getting results.

Just a blow or two more and Taehyung wouldn't trust her as much as he did back then.

When two guards come rushing in -- to save the prince probably, Hoseok motions them to leave Taehyung alone.

"Making a scene is not going to change the fact that she is a snake."

When Hosoek is inches away from Taehyung, Taehyung pushes him, hard, "Get out Hoseok!" He hisses. "I don't care what she does! So get the fuck out of here and Leave. Me. Alone!"

"I cannot keep covering your shit for you, Your Highness." Hoseok spits. "I will be taking the matter in my hands, starting today."

And he leaves.

He'd at least try to be useful to the crown prince by rooting out the woman who's ruling Taehyung's heart since forever. The same woman who is suspected to have murdered Taehyung's ajumma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author here!

Hope its not getting boring...

Because really.... I'm not sure how this sounds to a reader...