Chapter 5

The arrow wasn't meant to kill her. But to injure her enough to slow her down when she tried to flee.

But just moments after the arrow left Hoseok's bow, it was stopped by another arrow tearing through his arrow, ceasing it from reaching it's destination.

All the amusement Hoseok's eyes held, was replaced with exasperation and anger.

His eyes flitted from Hyejin to the shooter who had dared to stop him, and to his surprise, it was none other than Kim Taehyung himself.

"You--"

"You missed." Taehyung teases.

Hoseok looks at the man shot dead by Taehyung, who was trying to sell the twin girls, and realizes what Taehyung is talking about. Taehyung thought Hoseok was aiming at the sinful man and had missed his aim.

Hoseok nods trying to contain his anger.

He observes Taehyung for a moment, who looks oblivious to the fact that she is just a few steps away from them.

Looks like he hasn't noticed her yet.

Hoseok turns his attention toward where she was standing moments ago just to witness the spot is now empty.

He scans the area, furiously, his palms going sweaty. If he misses her again, he swears he will--

"There you are!" He hisses positioning his bow again to shoot her disappearing figure.

Hoseok clenches his jaw prepared to shoot.

This arrow, won't be for a mere injury.

Just when he is about to release the arrow, "Are you still mad at me?" Taehyung appears in front of Hoseok making him lose sight of her again.

Hoseok inhales sharply.

"What the devil are you thinking?!" He hisses motioning Taehyung to move.

That man would have died if Hoseok had released the arrow!

Taehyung frowns.

He starts moving his horse to look behind him where Hoseok is aiming his arrow at. And when Hoseok realizes this, he puts his bow down immediately and snaps, "Taehyung!"

And it works.

Taehyung looks back at Hoseok immediately, brows furrowed.

He'd rather let her go than to let Taehyung spot and recognize her.

Hoseok sighs.

He has just lost the opportunity presented to him without any efforts. Now he will have to work and spend as many days as he had predicted he would need to find her. Not to forget, now she will be alert and prepared.

"I cannot be upset with you, your highness. And if I may ask, what brought you here?"

Taehyung shrugs, and then his face changes dramatically from calm to alarm. His eyes widen and his head jerks away from Hoseok and then he jumps down his horse.

"W-What's wrong, your highness?" Hoseok asks dreading the answer.

The soldiers jump down their horses too.

"Taehyung?" Hoseok asks again when Taehyung doesn't answer.

Taehyung keeps looking around, scanning the crowd, his chest heaving up and down. His feet confused as to which direction to take Taehyung to. He walks two steps to his right but then looks around confused again and walks a little ahead to the left.