Geralt- Solitude: Part 2 (a)

~Two hours later~

"Even though I still would have rather come alone, the company on the way here was nice." You had heard tales from Geralt of his journeys across mountains, through flooded valleys and into dank vampires lairs, so a nice hike through tulip and orchid scattered hills was nothing but a pleasure. "Don't think you're getting so much of a scent of that bounty money... and I'd better not see you rooting around it's carcass, all of the good stuff is mine I already have an arrangement with the kings mage."

"I already said, I have no interest in the money, I had a very generous poster set me up for the next few weeks. All I had to do was empty a ghoul pack that had settled in his-" Geralt stopped suddenly in his tracks and set his arm across your chest. "I think the information you were given wasn't very accurate, the griffin is a lot closer than we think." His eyes squinted as he peered off into the distance and you watched clueless as his nostrils flared in anticipation of a fight.

The deep, chest rumbling squawk echoed around the hill top as if it was miles away, Geralt knew better than to be fooled by our human perceptions and threw you to the ground as he brought his silver sword up and deflected it across the griffin's equally sharp talons.

"Take these!" Geralt tossed a small burlap sack from his belt, you peered inside as he dove from the griffins reach as it swept across the ground. "They're grapeshot bombs, when it dives, I will light it and throw it. It should ground it long enough for me to get a hit in." He shouted across the tall grass and ran in the line of sight of its beady, orange eyes. It emitted another bone shattering scream and tucked its wings into it's body before hurtling towards Geralt. He rose his leather clad fingers towards you and the fuses of the bombs set alight. "Now!" He dove to the side as you released the satchel from your grasp, it stopped just before the griffin's talons dug into the ground and exploded, sending causing your ears to ring and the griffin to slide across the dirt. In its incapacitated state it did not see the silver blade rise into the air and fall swiftly onto it's neck.

~*~

Written by Aaron.