Yennefer- Mama (c)

Your life hadn't gone the way that you had originally planned. Once you had been in love with a man and thought that one day you would be wed and grow old together- that didn't happen. You had no idea if he had intentions to ever marry you but when you fell pregnant before you were wed, he saw all plans as cancelled and fled from you, ready for you to become to social pariah that you would soon be. You never imagined that you would have a child out of wedlock and you didn't think you would ever be a single mother but as soon as your daughter was born, you couldn't imagine your life being any different.

As soon as the bundle of joy was put into your arms, you knew that your whole heart belonged to her now and you were fine with the extra stress and work that would come with raising her. Life was harder as a single mother, but you wouldn't change it for the world. Little did you know that soon you would meet a woman who deserved your heart and cared for you and your daughter as you had always hoped someone would.

Yennefer seemed unlikely love for you, she was rather dark and dreary seeming, but she had kindness in her heart and longing for motherhood. She was a welcome member of your life as you fell head over heels for her and it seemed like your daughter loved her too.

The little girl had only recently found her way upon her chunky legs with only a few words able to grace her tongue. As her normal way of travelling, she toddled across the room, ignoring your presence until she was able to reach Yennefer. Her stubby little fingers grabbed hold of Yennefer's black skirt and gave it a gentle tug until the woman looked down to her.

"Mama," your daughter smiled, showing her few fully developed baby teeth.

Your heart melted with the single word. She had never referred to you as Mama, preferring Mummy, so it was a word she had chosen for the other woman in her life who cared for her as though she was her own.

Yennefer looked over to you to see if you had heard, a shocked but love filled expression upon her face. You gave her a nod to assure her that you had heard and were beyond happy that your daughter was welcoming her into the home too.

"Yes, my love," Yennefer smiled down at her.

The little girls arms were thrown into the air as a sign that she wished to be held and Yennefer quickly obliged, leaving you to watch the pleasant exchange between the two of them.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.