Geralt- Company (a)

"You don't have to go Geralt." Once again, your pleas fell on deaf ears as he continued to fill his hefty satchels. "Please..."

"There is no other choice." He lent on the edge of the table, back hunched over and head hung low. "Believe me I don't want to go. I know I'm stubborn and I don't listen, but I would much rather stay here with you. If I don't go, then nobody goes and the problem gets bigger and bigger until we're all fucked." He lifted his heavy sheaths from the wall and slung them over his back. "Hopefully I won't be gone long, maybe a few months at most. You'll be okay until then, you have enough money stashed around the house to keep the pantry full and to treat yourself every now and then. If anything happens you know who to go to?" He slowly lifted his eyes until they met with yours, and you gave a slow, sombre nod. "It'll be okay y/n... trust me." He slowly stripped the leather glove from his fingers and softly placed his hand on yours.

"I'm just worried that you won't make it back. Even more than normal, I know who you are, and what you do, I'm not delusional. Every time you leave I don't get to hear from you for weeks on end and I don't even know if you're alive anymore."

"I know what I'm doing. I'll always come back, you know that." He struggled to face you as he talked. "I'm not some young stubborn adventurer, I've taken on pretty much every foe you could think of and I'm still here to tell the tale aren't I?" He turned from you and continued to rustle his belongings together.

"Let me come with you this time?" You asked with a hand placed firmly on his shoulder.

"No, I don't think so. You can wait here for me, I'm not having you risking your life following me around." You placed yourself in front of the door.

"Our home will be fine, I can get somebody to check on it every few day make sure we don't get any nasty visitors. I'm coming with you whether you like it or not, what's the worst that will happen? It just means that Roach doesn't have to carry as many bags and you get somebody to keep you company."

"Great..." Geralt forced a smile. "I love company."

~*~

Written by Aaron.