Chapter 24: Time Bomb

Location: New York
Time: 1300 Hours
Date: 09/30/2013

After the sleepover with the Angels Emma, Carter, Betsy, and Mitchell returned to the Xavier's Institute for surveillance and security for the M.R.D. bases the Brotherhood of Evil is targeting. So far there were no confirmed targets on the any of the locations, but the team still pays a close attention. They don't know just when and where they will strike.

Inside the Xavier's Institute everyone is just doing their casual work

Inside the Xavier's Institute everyone is just doing their casual work. The rest of the X-Men were teaching their respective classes. While Mitchell and Carter are in the gym sparing.

Mitchell threw a right hook at Carter only for the Spartan Commander to grab his hook and toss him in the other side of the room.

Mitchell landed in his 2 feets before charging and doing a spinning hook kick, Carter duced under the blow, but did not see the next one when Mitchell extended his other leg and did a round house kick.

Carter felt that sting a little as it hit him in the cheek. "Learning some new tricks huh?" He asked.

"It's what I'm trained to be." Mitchell replied.

The Sentinel Agent did a round house kick, but was countered by the Spartan by raising his leg up before kicking the Sentinel's stationary leg which forces Mitchell to bend down and doing a push kick that launched him several meters away.

"That's Russian systema." He said getting back up. "Where did you learn to do that?"

"Derek." Carter replied. "Your friend taught me a few things." He said with a smirk readying for another brawl.

Both soldiers stood up and got ready. Mitchell throws the first attack by performing a spinning hook kick, Carter catches the kick, but this let Mitchell use his body as lock and quickly wrapped it around Carter's arm trapping him. Realizing he can't shake Mitchell off, he tossed him to the ground causing the Sentinel Operator to let go and execute a punch.

Mitchell rolled out of the way as Carter's punch broke through the wooden floor. He used his legs and bends it which caused Noble One to fall down as Mitchell used this and executed an axe kick, but was quickly intercepted and he was thrown across the room by the Spartan Commander.

Before Carter could charge the alarms on the gym rang and red sirens can be heard indicating trouble was already coming their way. "Let's go." Carter said grabbing their jacket resting on the tables nearby. Going down on the basement, most of the X-Men were already there with Beast in the console checking in.

"What do you got?" Carter asked Beast.

"A huge electromagnetic wave exploded in an M.R.D. base just 200 miles from Towson, Maryland." Beast said showing them a map of the damage.

"Can you pull out surveillance footage?" Wolverine asked.

"Give me a moment." Beast replied typing a few command codes on the console. "And.......Got it." He said as a footage of several mutants comprised of Toad, Domino, Avalanche, Sabretooth, and Blob putting a man with white hair in a red and blue jumpsuit as electricity started form around him.