Chapter 3: Bloody Hell

Chapter 3

"Bloody Hell, what sort of sh*t are you on mate? 'Cause I could use some. " I burst into a fit of giggles.

I finally got to use the line I overheard by some visiting aussies a few years back.

Upon seeing his guilty and worried look I stop laughing.

"No, but really, what are you on about?" I question.

"Well, in vampire culture, each vampire is designed for another person. Its basically a perfect match every time. " He speaks very slowly.

Hesitating a bit,he runs his hand through his dark hair and starts again.

"You," he motions to me with his hand, " are my perfect match."

My mouth dropped down. If I had anything in my hands I would have dropped it, too.

"W-What?" I let out a nervous giggle.

He shoves his hands in his pockets and looks down at his shoes.

"Yeah." His voice was so small and scared. " Look, please, give me a chance! I'll be patient and... And we can wait! Take your time, I can wait. Just don't send me away." He begged and looked me in the eyes. His pleading brown eyes tugged at my heart.

I did what not many would do.

I thought about it.

The silence was deafening as I considered my options.

Here he was, looking for me. Waiting on me. He actually wanted me. That's a feeling I never knew of before. I can't just deny him. He waso hopeful yet at the same time every breth I took caused him to flinch. Ugh. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"Okay."

First came the look of surprise. He was beyond shocked. Then, he smiled. It was dazzling and genuine. I immediately felt mesmerized by his grin. And I couldv'e sworn my heartbeat quickened at that exact moment.

"Really?" His grin was still present, his eyes alight with joy.

"Yes, really." I had my own shy smile now. A blush had spread across my cheeks at the though of finally having a love interest. He would be my first.

Before I could say anything, I was lifted up and swing around like a rag doll.

"Oi! Put me down!" I squealed. We spinned around a couple more times, the blurry scenery becoming much more clear until we stopped.

"Are you going to set me down?" I wondered aloud. We had come to a complete standstill and I saw my herd waiting patiently a couple meters away.

His booming laugh filled the forest as he pulled me closer to his musceled body. I breathed in his floral yet woodsy scent and sighed in content.

"No way. I just got you, I'm never letting you go."