Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It all started at the end of August. He's driving. His car is hot because the air's broken, but the only thing that's hotter is him. He was this dark-skinned smooth brother whose skin matched mine. I'd never dated a man as black as me. As we're sitting there I press my arms next to his and there's no way of telling his skin from mine. Brown, smooth, chocolate skin.

I slide my hand a little further up his leg and palm him through his shorts, nipping his ear between my teeth once again.

He twitches under my hand, thudding his head back against the headrest with a sigh that turns into a moan as I apply a touch more pressure, stroking along his length, trailing my lips down to leave open-mouthed kisses down his neck. The car drifts just slightly towards the center before he corrects. He links his fingers with mine and moves my hand away from his lap, squeezing it and bringing it to his lips for a kiss.

He chuckles, "You want to crash? That's how you get a crash." He isn't cross; his eyebrows quirk but his eyes are soft, and I want him so badly I ache.

"Nope, I want you to pull over," I grin.

He shakes his head with a laugh and squeezes my hand again, "We've only got ten minutes to go," he pulls me into him to kiss the top of my head. "Then we'll be home, and I'll take you to bed and fuck the shit out of you."

And the perfect song comes on and I find myself singing along, holding his hand. It was at this moment that I felt like I knew what heaven was.

"Every time I see your lips, it makes me think of honey-coated chocolate

Your kisses are worth more than gold to me

I'll be your almond joy, you'll be my sugar daddy

Brown skin, you know I love your brown skin

I can't tell where yours begins, I can't tell where mine ends..."

He turns to me as I'm singing. When I first met him I thought he looked like a young Idris Elba. The moments he looks at me with these focused eyes I almost think he'll lose control of his wheel and crash but he doesn't. The wheel remains so smoothly held.

"That's how you feel baby?" he asks me.

"Yeah."

"Keep going."

"Brown skin, up against my brown skin

Need some every now and then, oh hey

Every time you come around, something magnetic pulls me and I can't get out

Disoriented, I can't tell my up from down

All I know is that I want to lay you down..."

That's when he pulls over on the side of the road.

"Watchu doin', Coin?" I ask, "Thought you weren't gonna pull over."

Cory 'Coin' Washington was his name. Despite his smooth complexion, he had a cool solemn handsomeness about him. He wasn't some model or anything but had a cooler level of sexiness about him. The kind of guy that said "nigga" a million times a day and never meant anything by it. The kind of guy who sagged his pants a little bit knew every new hot rapper and almost smelled like a lick of weed. His voice was raspy even now because he smoked so much but I loved every bit of it.

"Shawty, I can't drive n shit when you blowin' like that. You know that shit turns me on when you sing for me."

I blush a little bit. It's been 5 years and he's still able to do that to me. He's still able to make me straight up blush. It was the end of the summer and a lot of things were changing but there were those things that stayed the same. Coin and Dijon.