Chapter 7: La Peur

Chapter 7: La Peur

"So I heard there's trouble in paradise lately?" P'Guy raised his brow as he stared at Bright inquisitively.

"P'!" I squeaked. "It was all on me-"

"I wasn't talking to you, Nong. I am currently interrogating lover boy here, zip your mouth for now."

Bright just returned the questioning gaze P'Guy was giving him. I squirmed on my seat, fiddling with my bottle of beer uncomfortably. Seated next to me was Bright while my friend-slash-manager took the space in front of my faux boyfriend. It was supposed to be just me and Bright but when P'Guy heard that he asked me to go to a nearby bar and talk, he invited himself without our approval.

"I respect you as Win's boss and friend but whatever we're going through is our own business, don't you think?" Bright narrowed his eyes at P'Guy.

I nudged him on his side. The guy was just concerned, but Bright didn't know. "Bright!"

My friend nodded, "alright, point taken. But I want to know how serious you two are."

Bright chugged his bottle of beer first before replying, "this is serious."

"Will you be able to take care of him? Win might be a ball of energy, but that's his façade" P'Guy turned his eyes on me. "He overthinks a lot. This guy would say something innocent and then would feel guilty about it the next second, not even knowing why. He feels like everything is his own fault."

"I kinda get that gist, P'. And you don't have to worry, I got this" Bright said, which made me frown.

How in the world could they talk about me when I was just sitting there with them? "Can you please refrain from using me as the subject of your discussion? Obviously, I am just here. It's a little awkward for me, isn't it?"

I felt Bright's hand rubbed my hair which sent warmth to my whole face. Shiver ran down my spine when I looked at him and he gave me this little smirk that I've been dying to wipe off his face for quite some time. What's been happening was nowhere near fun and yet, I could clearly see him being amused at my expense. This jerk!

"Do you need anything more?" A waitress who's standing beside Bright spoke.

She was wearing a tank top with a low neckline, exposing her humungous chest, which she flaunted more when the jerk beside me threw her a glance. My brow quirked up automatically when she bit her lip seductively. Really? I saw P'Guy smirked as he looked at me playfully. Did he find this entertaining?