CHAPTER 1 UNEASINESS

8 Teenagers, all of them crawling through a system of vents in their ninja uniforms, their mission hadn't gone exactly as planned and now they were retreating to a safe place to come up with a new plan. Josh was leading them all through the metal tunnels, eventually coming across a grate not too far ahead of them.

Josh alerted the rest of the team and crawled over to the other side of it, prying it open so everyone could jump down to the space below.

Josh jumped down after everyone and he soon came to regret it.

The room they all stood in now was completely empty, white walls, white floor, white ceiling. Upon looking up again Josh noticed the vents they had come from had disappeared. But only moments passed before something strange happened.

The walls and ceiling fell away from the room, revealing a sky surrounding them, Josh looked down at the floor, and sure enough, the small floor from the room was the only thing left around them. It was as if it was floating, there was no sign that this floor was being held up by anything. What made it worse was that none of them could see the ground below. They must've been so high up that the only thing around them was... sky...

Josh didn't understand, how was this possible?

"I imagine you all must be confused."

Josh looked up from the floor and another figure stood on the floating floor with them.

A smirk of victory was plastered on the unknown man's face. Indicating to the team that this was a trap, and it had worked.

"What is this??" Harmony was the first to speak

"Juuuust a little bit of magic." The man replied.

"What do you want from us??" Connor asked him.

"Nothing. But I'm sure all of you would like a way out of this situation. So I'm going to give you two options."

The man gestured to the side of the platform, the group looked over and noticed a huge sphere that looked like a planet a little way off, it was only just lower than the platform and was about a jump away from them. They weren't sure how they hadn't noticed. But there was something different about this planet, it had two giant rings spinning around it.

"See that planet there? That's your way out. You can just jump there and you won't be stuck here. Or..."

A section of the platform fell off behind the group, startling them and only adding more stress and anxiety to their situation.

"You can wait until the platform disappears and you can find out how far down the ground is."

The group knew they had a limited time to decide, Lillie was the first to make a move, deciding that she'd rather find out what lies on that planet than fall to her death. So she jumped. And Rhys followed close behind.

Josh tried to stop everyone else, telling them that they need to think this through. But they chose to follow Lillie and Rhys, not wanting to find out how far down the ground was.

"So... Mr.Green Ninja, are you going to jump or not?" The sinister man asked, a larger section of the platform falling off as he spoke.

"What's down there??? On that planet??" Josh frantically asked.

"Why don't you go and find out?"

"What's. Down. There??" Josh repeated, demanding an answer for his question.

"My my, you sure are persistent." The man stepped closer to Josh, another section of the platform falling away, "Trust me, it's a lot safer than you think."