CHAPTER 4 HOPE AND SUSPICION

The police cars finally arrived at Kryptarium Prison, the building loomed over them as the group was ushered inside.

Rhys felt so defeated, he had trained most of his life to be a hero, to save people, and now he was being arrested. To him, it felt like everything he'd worked for was falling apart right in front of him. If their names were never cleared, he'd never be able to reach his dream.

Lillie could see the distress in Rhys' expression, she knew how much effort he put into training himself each day. She lifted up her cuffed hands and softly touched Rhys' shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. Rhys looked at her and she smiled softly as if to tell him 'it's going to be okay'.

But Rhys didn't seem so convinced.

Lillie looked at the rest of her friends, noticing that none of them seemed hopeful either.

Connor seemed frustrated and angry, Beta's expression was filled with fear and worry, Harmony looked as if she was trying to hide her fear and Rue's eyes had begun to well up with tears.

Daniel was the only one that was hopeful, he clearly had put a lot of faith in Josh and believed that he would come to rescue them.

The group walked through the hallway in silence, the prisoners behind bars yelling and shouting at them. It was moments before they had been changed into prison uniforms and were ushered to their jail cells. Connor, Daniel and Rhys were put in one cell while the girls were put in the other.

Beta on the other hand, was moved to a seperate area away from the rest of the group.

"Great! This is just perfect! What are we supposed to do now!??" Connor frustratingly exclaimed.

"We just have to wait okay? Josh will come and save us." Daniel stated, trying to spark some hope into everyone's minds.

"Yeah and how long will that take?? We can't just sit here and do nothing!"

"At the moment, that's all we can do...we just have to be patient, Josh will come and save us, I know he will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So uh, do you wanna remind me where we're going to get food this late?" Josh asked Peyton.

The two of them were wandering through the streets with hoods covering their heads, Josh had no idea where Peyton was leading him, but he trusted her so he wasn't too worried.

"You'll see, we're almost there"

Eventually, Peyton led Josh down an alleyway where they reached a set of double doors, she said this was their destination. Josh reached out to open the doors, but they wouldn't budge.

"Uh, Peyton? The door is locked.." He told her.

"Oh yeah, don't worry I can handle this." Peyton stated, stepping over to the door while unwrapping the bandage around her hand.

She once again used the sharp part of her necklace to cut her hand again, reopening the previous wound. She then placed her necklace against the locked doors, and with a small purple flash, the doors slowly opened and Peyton bagan wrapping the bandage around her hand once more.

"Woah.. Wait can you just do absolutely anything with your powers?" Josh asked as the two of them stepped through the open doors and walked down the barely lit hallway.

"Not everything... but it does come in handy for certain things. Now, let's get some supplies."

The hallway came to an end, revealing that the building they had entered was actually the mall, because it was the middle of the night, all the stores were closed and the only source of lighting was from the moonlight shining through the skylights.