CHAPTER 2 MURDER MYSTERY

Beta was the first to skate onto the rink, soon followed by most of the group, leaving Daniel and Josh sitting on the floor still putting on their skates.

Josh couldn't stop thinking about the figure he had seen outside the building. He tried to make out what it was, but he didn't see it long enough to know. Was it a person? Was it... a demon? Did they not get rid of all of them? What if-

"Do you need help?"

Josh snapped out of his thought process and looked up at Daniel who was standing in front of him, Josh looked back down at his skates and realised that he hadn't even tied the laces properly because of how deep in thought he was.

"Ah no it's okay, I can do it." Josh smiled and quickly tied his laces.

Daniel offered his hand out to Josh to help him stand. Josh gladly held onto Daniel's hand and let him lift him off the ground. Josh stumbled a bit, but managed to catch his balance once Daniel held his other hand.

"Ah, thanks."

"Y-yeah, no problem.." Daniel stuttered in reply, feeling his cheeks heat up upon realising he was holding Joshua's hands.

Josh noticed the figure again, this time it was standing behind Daniel. Josh could see it clearer now, a person wearing a midnight blue hoodie, the hood lifted over their head and a large mask covering their entire face.

"Josh? Hey what's wrong?" Daniel asked, noticing his gaze on something behind him, Daniel turned around but he didn't see anything there.

Josh snapped out of his daze when he noticed Daniel turned his head, it was only for a split second but now the masked person was nowhere to be seen. Josh frantically looked around, trying to spot them again.

"Did you see that??" He asked Daniel,

"What? Uh.. what do you mean?"

"Th-that masked guy! Agh where did they go??"

"Uhh.. I didn't see anyone.. You sure you're okay..?"

"Y-you didn't... uh.. Y-yeah I'm okay.. Maybe I'm just paranoid or something..."

"Hey.. don't worry okay? I'm sure it's just nothing, come on let's go skate with the others. It should help take your mind off it."

Josh nodded in response and let go of Daniel's hands, skating over to the rink to join the others.

Moments passed before Josh saw the masked person again, this time they were also on skates, skating around in front of him. Josh quickly made the effort to catch up to them, quickly skating past other people, weaving in and out, keeping his eyes fixed on the masked person ahead of him.

Because of his intense focus on the masked person, Josh accidentally crashed into someone in front of him, falling on top of them. Josh ignored who he fell on top of and frantically looked around the rink for any sight of the masked person.

"Ugh, ow.." Daniel groaned, he was about to yell at whoever fell on top of him, but upon seeing Josh's face, his cheeks flushed red and he gave a calmer response to the situation, "U-uh Josh..? Are you gonna get off of me..?"

"I-I saw them again! They were right in front of me!" Josh exclaimed, ignoring Daniel's statement.

"Who..?"

"Th-the same guy I saw earlier! Daniel I think something's wrong! Like seriously wrong! I've had a bad feeling all day! And I think this guy I've been randomly seeing ever since we got here has something to do with it! Wait... waitwaitwait... what if the nightmare I had last night was telling me the future??? You've had dreams like that right? That's gotta be it! Something really bad is gonna happen and that's why I had that crazy dream!! Okay okay, so what I remember from the dream is that... uhhh... ooh! There was some giant planet thing! So we just gotta look out for some sort of spaceship and then-"