Chapter 1

(plot by heartscantlie)

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Your goal is to find a rich and noble husband." My mother speaks as I am in front of my carriage that will bring me to court.

"And do not ruin your reputation like your sister." My dad said with a bit of anger in his voice.

My sister, Olivia, made a simple mistake off sleeping with the man she loves but since she isn't married. Now no noble wants her and her reputation is forever ruined. I'm my parents' last hope to find a rich man and I can't let them down. Not anymore at least.

"You can trust me."

"I hope you're ready for your trip." My mom says before going me a tight hug.

"Trip? I'm not going to the Italian Court?" I ask confuse before my father chuckles.

"French Court."

Here we go again. Don't get me wrong, I loved my time at the French Court. I loved it more than I should. Nobody understands why and that should be keep a secret or it could potentially ruin my chance to find a suitable husband.

"I'll be back soon. I'm going to miss you mama and papa." I say after my mom let's go of her grip on me.

I get on the carriage before they close the door and the ride starts. It's going to be a long trip and I should get some rest before my journey.

BUMP

I assume sleeping is not an option now with all the bumps on the road. I should read or try to do something else to relax. It's not like this trip only defines the rest of my life. Oh wait it does but no big deal.

I want to read, don't get me wrong but it's so hard to focus. Just the idea of seeing everyone from the French Court again. Don't get me wrong, I loved my time there a couple of years ago but it's been years and things change. Is Francis still the sweet guy he has always been? What about Katherine? Would she be dangerous to be now? I do not want to be part of any of her plan or even worse, her victim. What about Bash? Is he still as handsome as he was?

Those bright, pale green eyes that drove me insane. Or maybe what drove me insane is the fact that we would always chase each other around the garden but I could never catch up to him. Bash tried to slow down but my speed could never go as fast. Or riding our horses for hours. But what actually drove me mad was his hair. His shaggy, straight, brown hair that was always messy in the front. Some of his hair strands would cover his eyes and I would try as hard as I could to stop myself from fixing them or just stop myself from falling for him. But I did.

And as much as I would love to his kiss lips when I arrive, I can't. I can't have anymore feelings for him because it is going to ruin my future. I need to find a man with riches and a title. Sadly Bash doesn't have any of those.

~~

"Lady of Italy, we're here." I hear my driver say my title name making me wake up from my nap which I apparently fell under.

"Thank you." I say before making my way out of my carriage to find the one and only.

"It's nice to see you again." Francis says as he is handsomely standing in front of me.

"You've grown quite a bit." I comment before he chuckles and brings me into a hug.

Francis and I have always been close. He just has a personality people get attracted to easily. Unlike the other girls, they actually fall for him but for me he's just like a brother. Well I hoped he would be my brother-in-law but my parents would never let me marry Bash. Nor will Bash want to marry me.