Chapter 17

NOTES: "Japanese" - "Italian" - 'Thinking' - 'Tsuna's eye speak' - [Text Messages]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Author's Note: Contrary to what you all might think, I am actually alive... just having difficulty continuing writing any fics as I keep getting drawn into another fandom before coming back, lol.
It's been what, 6 months? 7 months? Since i last updated. For that I apologize. This chapter's quality might not be on par than the rest, but I hope to get better soon. [P.S. This fic has completely derailed from my outline. I won't guarantee regular updates, but I'll try]

    -------------------------- 

[ Ring ] 

Reborn frowned when his phone rang. Why was Mukuro calling so quickly? Hadn't he just began explaining about 10 minutes ago? 

"Ciaossu Mukuro, did you inform Tsuna already?"  

"He knows Baby," Mukuro hissed accusingly. "He knows how to use his flames."

Reborn stilled. Tsuna can already use his Flames?

"He believed it was just magic," Mukuro explained without prompt, knowing very well what the silence meant. "...and that he learnt it from his childhood friend."

He frowned, "Who is that childhood friend?"

There was a long uncomfortable silence on the phone before— "Byakuran." 

    -------------------------- 

"Oi Baby, has he always been this weak?" Xanxus asked, disgusted at the strength of the other 'candidate.' Everybody knew who the next Vongola Boss would be.

Said other 'candidate' was lying down on the floor, twitching as blood pooled from his wound. 

"Ienari has always been weak. Winning against him during the Ring Conflict won't be an issue," Reborn said tonelessly. 

Xanxus snorted, "Mammon, get rid of the illusion. Clearly, it wasn't needed." 

The floating baby merely clicked their tongue but the wound and the blood instantly disappeared. 

"Investing in him is pointless, Viper," Reborn informed the fellow arcobaleno. "Wasting your illusions on him is also pointless." 

The baby paused before they turned towards the shrunken baby, "How did you know it was me?" 

"Did you really think you could hide from me? Not to mention that there aren't that many illusions that can create such realistic illusions and harm." 

The hooded baby grumbled under his breath. 

"Do we even need to fight this boy?" Lussuria asked, an eyebrow raised. "Already, I can see him loosing." 

Reborn huffed amused, eyes flashing vindictively. 

"Oh, he's useless. His supposed guardians aren't, they might give you a brief struggle, but nonetheless, he is completely and utterly hopeless." 

"Whatever trash," Xanxus finally said, after observing the still unconscious figure on the ground. If it had been anyone else, they'd already have woken up. It wasn't even a real wound, just an inflicting on his mind. 'Mini-boss would have been standing within a heartbeat... rather, he would have broken through the illusions, much less allow anything to hurt him.' 

"We're leaving."

Reborn observed the way Xanxus held himself. This Xanxus really was different from the other world. Then again, that could be attributed to how he'd only been frozen for 4 years in this world.