Part 8

Enjoy reading!:-)

Paul's pov

I sat down on my swivel chair and stared at the frame on my table. It was a picture of the three of us. I grabbed it and stared at the photo for a while. I was on my own little world when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

The door opened and Troy got in. "Hey bro." he said as he sat on the chair in front of me.

"So what brought you here bro?" I asked.

"I was just around the neighborhood and I realized I should pay you a visit." he said and I chuckled. "Yeah right. You're too damn busy with your new girl. So is it a serious thing now?"

"We'll see bro." We both laughed. Troy may not look like it but he's the real player between the two of us.

"Any news about Chloe?" he asked.

"She's single if that's what you want to know." I said and smirked. I placed the frame on the table as I leaned on my chair.

"Damn it, I know that Paul! Ha.ha. Very funny!" Amusement was all over his voice. "What I meant was what's your plan about her.

"I will confess to her bro. It's now or never." I said and earned an applause from Troy. I know he's happy that Im about to

man up and tell her the feelings I have for her for all those years.

"Im proud of you bro! Go and win her heart!" he said and push me out of my office. Without second thoughts, I went to the elevator that leads to the parking lot. This is it. I can do this!

It seemed like forever while driving to Chloe's place. My heart was beating faster and I can feel the sweat building up on my palms. I can do this. You can do this Paul. This is it!

I arrived at her place and parked my car first before heading to the elevator.

I knocked on her door three times before she opened it. "Paul!" She hugged me tight and let me get inside her place.

"Why are you here?"

"Well,ugh..I just want to check on you. How are you Chlo?"

"Never better. Drinks?"

"Beer."

She went to her kitchen and grabbed a drink for the two of us. She handed a can of beer to me and sat down beside me on the couch. "So, you dont have work today?" I asked.

"I've decided to take a break for a while so here I am." she chuckled. I cant help but look at her with those beautiful smile. I know she's hurting but just hid with her smiles. "I'm sorry Chlo." I said.

"Pauly? You didnt do anything bad okay?" she assured me and touched my cheek. I held her hand on my cheek and stayed like that for a while.

"I..ugh..I'll get us more beer and chips.she went right away to her kitchen. I was left alone for a while and when she came back, we decided to watch a movie.

"I can't believe that he can just let her go easily." she complained after watching the movie of a guy who sacrificed his love for the happines of the woman he loved. "I think that's how love works." I said.

"What? I think he could have foughtq for her. Clearly he loves her but chose to let her go." she leaned her head on the couch and looked at me. I looked at her directly straight on her eyes.

"How could you fight for something knowing that you'll just lose? Sometimes,we need to sacrifice in love for someone else's happiness. Seeing her happy made him do it. He knew he could also make her happy but at the same time, he knew that she loved the other guy more than him. After all, he was just the bestfriend she knew he would be." I looked at her straight in the eyes. I could see an emotion just by looking at her but I cant see what that is. I don't know what is happening to me but I just touched her cheek and traced her lips. I leaned down and kissed her soft lips. I kissed her gently and caressed her cheek. Then I felt her lips moving along with mine. I felt her hand wrapped around my neck as we continued on kissing. We were out of air when we stopped kissing.

"Oh my God..Paul..Im so sorry. I-it shouldnt have happened" she said as she hand-combed her hair.

"Im not sorry Chloe."

"W-what? What are you saying?"

"I said I wasnt sorry Chlo. I cant continue to be your friend. I just cant" I told her and looked at her eyes where the tears are on the brink from falling.

"Why?" she asked as the tears fell down on her face.

"What other reason could there be?"

"Paul,please.." she looked at me with those pleading eyes.

"I love you Chloe. I'm in love with you. I'm in love with my bestfriend." I saw her gasped after what I said. It looked like a car exploded in front of her because of how she reacted. "Don't looked so shocked. Damn it!" I stood up and felt frustrated. She looked at me as I paced back and forth in front of her. "Cant you see that I love you? I never wanted to be a model because I have a business to handle but I did it for you anyway. I dont want any guy near you but I just cant help it. All I do is just watch you fall for a guy all over again. I even hated it when u dated Andrew but I cant complain or do anything because I know you'll be happy with him! And when he hurt you, I wanted to hurt him,crush him but I cant cause Im afraid you'll get mad at me. Your happiness is my main priority. I kept my feelings for you, damn, I even hid it as much as I can for a long time and thanked God you're too dense to think about it. But now, I cant pretend to be your friend and I cant accept that you just see me as one. I can't do that cause everyday, all I want is to kiss you!" After my short outburst, not a single word came out from her. She stared at the window and kept quite. I saw tears running down her cheeks. I sighed out of frustration and sat down beside her.

"I..I dont know what to say Paul. You're my bestfriend." she said in a low voice. "Why do you have to tell me that? You're making me confused." she added and looked at me.

"Im sorry. I really am. But I can't pretend anymore Chlo." I said in a low voice.

"I never thought of our relationship in that angle Paul. I..Im sorry.." she looked at me with a teary eyes. I know that she meant it and I cant help but feel the pain.

"I know Chlo." The hurt I felt is beyond anything. I confessed to her but I got rejected. The girl I loved rejected me that easily.

At least you did your best.  My mind told me.