Dec 27, 2014 - Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan

Day 6 of "Jimmy-Week" and a day before celebrating one of the most beautiful souls that has ever lived on this planet. I can't wait!! :)

The following submission is extra special since it's her first written work ever :) I'm sure Jimmy would love it with every ounce of his heart.

***

by @Chant89

The first time I got introduced to Avenged Sevenfold I was overwhelmed by how great it was. Maybe it sounds strange but I immediately felt a connection. I mean, how can you not be into such an amazing band ;). Not just because they have pretty faces. Cause let’s be honest they look pretty damn fine. But it’s their music and most of all the passion that they have that really speaks to me.

But that is nothing compared to what I feel when I think about the greatest and purest person (in my opinion) that ever lived on the planet:  Jimmy the Rev Sullivan. On the 2 of august 2009 I went to my very first festival. It was Sonisphere  in Knebworth and I was very excited to see all the bands and obviously I was most excited for Avenged Sevenfold. I had seen the live DVD and the All Excess DVD before I saw them in England. When I think back of that first time I saw Avenged live I have mixed feelings because it was the last time Jimmy performed. So on one hand I am really grateful that I got the chance to see him perform. His reaction when he broke his double bass pedal was priceless.  He tried to finish the song with just one but as you can imagine that did not work out. But that’s what defines his character for me because even though his double bass pedal broke he still tried to make the best out of the rest of the song. On the other hand I am really sad that was the very last time he ever played. I even tear up a little while writing this. He had such an impact on his fans.

Before I went to the festival I watched the live DVD: Live in the LBC and the DVD: Avenged Sevenfold All Excess. First I saw the live show and it looked totally amazing. But the thing that I loved the most were the backstage parts. For me is that the thing that shows how extraordinary he really was. The joy he had in playing the drums. The goofy attitude that made the whole band smile. Including the tech guys.  Most of all he never felt the need to be something that people expected him to be. He always did his own thing even though it brought him in trouble lots of times. His enthusiasm reflected on the other boys. Especially Brian because even in the short clips in the All Excess DVD you can feel their bond and you can see how they are truly soul mates. That’s how I see it. What I found beautiful to see is how Brian loosens up around him.  Because that was the impact that he had on not only close friends but also the many fans. He made an impact without even knowing it.

Up until this day I still can’t listen to “So far away” or “Fiction” without tearing up. Especially with “So far away”. You can feel the pain that Brian had while he wrote this beautiful song for his best friend. If they perform that song or the song “Fiction” live you see that the guys are still affected by the loss of their friend. I think that is something really special and beautiful to see. And yet so damn sad to see. But Jimmy can still make me laugh if I watch the old videos so it’s not just sad feelings when I think of him J

So Jimmy you will be foREVer in our hearts…