Everyday, I somehow find little things to help me get through the day. Whether it's waking up to find a fresh pot of coffee already made, or getting good-morning texts from my boyfriend Nick. I tell myself that the day is just twenty four hours, and half of the time you're not even awake. I have a quote above my door that says If the sun can circle around the earth in twenty four hours, so can you. I know it's the cheesiest thing in the world, but it still makes me smile.
I mean, my life hasn't been the greatest, but I still realize it could be worse. I could be homeless. I could be an orphan. But I'm not. I think I have a pretty good life. I have a loving boyfriend and a talent for singing. And I usually get to sleep in everyday, but now I roll over to find my bed empty and shut off the alarm on my phone. I look to my left and see that Nick isn't here. I check my phone and find two messages from him.
Nick: Good morning sunshine. I got called in early so don't worry if you wake up and I'm not there. Made you coffee. See you later.
Nick: ps I love you.
And he put a heart emoji. Like I said, just the little things in life make me get through the day. And it's pretty good, you know? It gives you that good feelingI couldn't have asked for a better life.
Okay, maybe I can. I can have both of my legs.