Chapter 7

At the mention of his name the boy looked up at his dad "Buh bah!" he replied from behind his pacifier, waving a chubby hand.

The rest of the team completely melted at the young boy in front of them.

"How old did you say he was, Tony?" Bruce asked curiously

"Just over 14 months" Tony replied proudly.

"He's- He's small" Bruce stated hesitantly

Tony's smile only faltered a little bit before he straightened up again. The kid was healthy, he reminded himself. "He was born a month early, so he is indeed on the small side" Tony said, sitting on the couch next to where Peter was sitting.

"Bababa" Peter said, waving at his dad.

"Hey bud" Tony said smiling. He reached down and took the binky from Peter, the kid frowning a little at the apparent theft before focussing on the fluffy carpet again. Anything soft and fluffy was mesmerizing to the kid. He raked his fingers through it and pulled at it roughly, giggling loudly at the feeling.

The others sat down on the couch and chairs in the room as well, looking at the toddler as if he was going to explode the second they averted their eyes from the boy.

"Relax guys! I mean, I would say he doesn't bite, but he does so there's that. He isn't a time bomb though" Tony remarked.

"Can I?" Steve asked, sliding off the couch a little.

Tony looked at him and replied "Sure go ahead. Look buddy, who's that? " Tony said, gesturing from Peter to Steve.

The kid turned around, curls flying around a bit and looked at the large man sitting on the floor in front of the couch. Who knew that the Captain had a soft spot for children?

Tony reached for the bag he brought and took out Peter's toy planes. The munchkin immediately reached a hand towards it.

"Vrrrm" Peter said happily, mimicking the sound of a plane. He followed the plane while still reaching for it, looking a bit shocked and maybe offended when Tony handed it over to the strange man.

"He has a Captain America shirt, you know. I think it's the bright colors that attracted him" Tony said.

Steve smiled at the fact, trying to get Peter's attention with the toy plane. Said kid looked a bit hesitant, suddenly turning shy. He glanced a look towards Tony, unsure of what to do. To him it must look like his dad randomly gave one of his favorite toys to some stranger. Peter stuck out a hand, grabbing onto his dad's pant leg, whining a little bit.

The Captain looked saddened at the boy's sudden shyness. "Look here buddy! Look what I got, it's your plane" the man said, moving the plane around in the air.

Peter glanced at his dad again, only moving towards the Captain at the nod from his dad. Peter crawled over babbling, before he sat down right in front of Steve.

He started reaching for the plane again, giggling when Steve moved the plane by his chubby face.

"Hi there little dude!" Steve squeaked, causing the boy to smile again. Peter stuck his hand in his mouth, paying close attention to what the man was doing.

Steve continued to fly the plane around, making plane noises as well.

"Did you guys have breakfast already?" Clint asked, getting up and already moving towards the kitchen

"Yeah I got woken up early by Mr. Nasty pants" Tony laughed along with the others.
Peter joining them after a few seconds, having no idea that the joke was about him in the first place.