- t.twenty one

T.TWENTY ONE
YOU'RE LITERALLY DUMB AND DUMBER.

CORBYN
JACK'S BEEN following me around the house for approximately 20 minutes or so today.

not wanting to be bothered i lock myself into my room.
"jack go away!" i tried but he was still talking.

"corbyn you're so stupid!" he'd say every now and then.
"she's clearly lying!"

"yeah so what if she is, she clearly doesn't want me to know." i replied back through the closed door.
maybe i was stupidly wrong for giving her those shoes. maybe all she really does is work from home. maybe those noises i hear are nothing but my stupid imagination.

i groaned and blocked off jack's voice with a pillow to my face.

"im going up there again!"

i sat up, for a moment i didn't care. but things take time to process and when i realized jack could say some messed up shit i began to move.

"jack no- no- no!" i grabbed his wrist before he could reach the door knob.

"oh nice to see you're coming along with us," jack smiled as zach came along with him.

"are you insane?! you're literally dumb and dumber." i implied still gripping jack's wrist.

i didn't want to bother her- i did that enough already.

"leave her be," i hissed lowly towards the two whom seemed more interested in getting out the door.

"no can do pal." jack shook his head. "im not doubtful about my observations. i abide certain things, but corbyn i do not abide when i am wrong." he tied the knot to his shoes so tightly i could almost see the tip of his fingers turn red.

i swallowed in some air and forced myself to emerge out of our doorway. following- behind jack and zach.
"okay!" i bellow. "but im not letting you two scurry alone."

"fine with me." jack shrugged. "can't let dumb and dumber be any more dumb."

into the smelly ol' elevator, past the countless of doors, over the peed carpet (somebodies dog didn't quite make it down the stairs.), we finally made it to her room.

i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel like a small child who got into some trouble and was being confronted, because i most certainly did- my face had already heated up and she hasn't even reached the door yet.

"knock again maybe she's showering."

"i wouldn't mind seeing her in a towe—"

"zach do you mind!" i abruptly shut him and his delightful sentence off, not wanting to hear the end of it.

we waited for what felt like hours, but was only five consecutive minutes, because it took her having to come up from behind us to realize she was never home.

"uh- excuse me?"

we've probably made a fool of ourselves, we probably looked like a bunch of assholes— or a bunch of pervs, or maybe a bunch of serial killers... do serial killers work in a group?