Chapter 12

"Mille!" yells Allie, who hugs me when we see each other.
"Hey, Allie," I say, hugging her back. "I want you to meet Noah." Noah waves at Allie and flashes her a smile.
'So you're the famous Noah Eaton, huh?" asks Allie, crossing her arms glaring at Noah. People are looking at us outside the CN Tower and grabbing their phones. Probably taking photos of me and Noah.
"Yes, that's me," Noah replies. "I've heard a lot about you, Allie."
"Tell me," asks Allie, still glaring at Noah. "Do you plan on breaking my best friend's heart?" Allie is studying to be a nurse at the University of Toronto. Her long blond hair is flowing through the wind, her hazel eyes are staring at Noah and her fair skin is slightly tanned.
"No, I am not," Noah replies wrapping his arm around my shoulders.
"Well, then. It's nice to meet you, Noah," Allie says as she shakes his hand. She looks at me, takes my arm and drags me to the CN Tower, with Noah behind us. "Nicely done," she says as we walk in, looking at Noah who is lined up to purchase the tickets. "Thanks," I say. He looks at the board with a confused look on his face. "I'm going to go help him," I say as I detach myself from Allie's arm. I walk over to him and say, "Need help?" Noah looks down at me and chuckles. "I don't know what to buy for us."
"Buy the general admission for three adults," I say looking at the board. Noah nods and walks up to the cashier and pays for the tickets. A minute later, he takes my hand and follows me to where Allie was standing.
"Wow," Noah exhales, as he looks down from the pane of glass. "The view is both terrifying and fascinating at the same time."
"When I was younger," I say looking down with him. "I would come up and just look down. I was so mesmerised with how calm the city looked and how far we were in the air." I feel a tap on my shoulder and see a young girl, maybe in her seventeens, who looks nervous.
"Um, I was wondering if I could get a picture with you and Noah," the girl says as she holds out her phone. I exchange a look with Noah and nod. "Sure," I say as Noah takes the phone. I smile behind the girl as Noah takes a couple of pictures. "Thanks," the girl says, smiling.
"Anytime," I say.
"Um, if it's okay, can I have your autograph?" she asks. I look at Noah who just shrugs.
"Yeah, sure," I say as I grab a pen from my purse. She hands me a piece of paper and Noah and I sign it.
"Thank you," the girl says before leaving. Suddenly, Allie appears beside me, looking frantic.
"Guys, we need to leave," she says, gasping for air.
"What? Why?" I ask. Noah grabs my hand and says, "Um, what is the quickest way out of here, Mills?"
"The stairs in the north end," I reply. "Why?"
"Cause we have company!" yells Noah as I am blinded by flashing lights.
Allie, Noah and I dash out of the room, leaving behind confused people and a group of paparazzi taking pictures of is, and head to the stairwell. Noah slams open the doors and let Allie and I run down the stairs. Once we make it to the first level, I am gasping for air but keep on running. I follow Allie out of the CN Tower with Noah at my heels and we run down Bremner Boulevard and head to the Delta Hotel, which was a block away.
We burst into the hotel, gasping for air as we hide out of sight. I see the paparazzi running past the hotel and let out a sigh. "Does that always happen?" asks Allie, who is out of breath.
"Not really," Noah replies. "They take pictures of Mills and me all over LA, but they have never ambushed us like that."
"How did they know that we were here?" I ask.
"I don't know. Maybe someone tipped them off?" suggests Allie.
"Maybe."
"So," I say, bumping my knee with Noah's. "What do you think of Toronto?"
"It's a beautiful city but it is crazy," Noah replies. We are waiting until Allie tells us it okay to leave the hotel.
"Wait until you see the Raptors fans," I say, laughing. Noah shoots me a puzzled look.
"Last year, the Raptors won the NBA Championships, making NBA history," I explain.
"Ah," Noah nods. Allie walks up to us and nods her head. I stand up and take Noah's hand into mine. "Come on," I say, lifting him. "I want to show somewhere else before we leave." He follows me and Allie outside and walks with us to the Eaton Centre. He has his arm around me and I lean into him while talking with Allie, who looks at us every once in a while.
"What's this place?" asks Noah, once we step inside.
"Welcome to the Eaton Centre," I say. "I thought we could hang out here for a while, keep us away from the public eye. Maybe go shopping?"
"Oh my God," Allie says, looking at me. "I have so many places that I want to show you!" I laugh as I watch her take off to Garage. "You ready to live a boyfriend's worse nightmare?" I say, smirking as we walk hand in hand to Garage.
"Spending a day with you and shopping?" asks Noah as I nod. "Why would that be my nightmare?"
"Because, usually boys don't like shopping," I reply as we walk into Garage.
"Well, they don't have you as a girlfriend. Spending the day with you is the way I want to spend my break,' Noah says, kissing me softly.
"Millie, come on!" I hear Allie yell. I laugh as I follow her voice into the store. I see her trying on a shirt in the change room and wait for her outside. "So, what do you think of Noah?" I ask through the closed curtain. "I think that he's really good for you, Mills," I hear her say. "He seems to care for you a lot and he is really sweet and kind."
"He is all of those things, Al," I agree. Allie emerges from the change room with a pile of clothes in her arms.
"Just promise me one thing," Allie says, seriously looking at Noah, who is looking at a leather jacket and back to me, smiling.
"Anything."
"Promise me that you won't let him break your heart," Allie says softly. "I don't want you to go through what you did with Alex."
"I promise, Allie," I say, hugging her. "Noah is different than Alex, I can promise you that."