Chapter 2

It has been about a month since I left Los Angeles and moved to Ohio to start filming The Quarterback. The actor who plays Nick Evans, Alex Hall, I've seen him around set. He doesn't communicate very much and is very quiet. He films his scenes and leaves the studio when the day is done. I sometimes see him gaze at me when I am reviewing my lines or talking to Emma, the makeup and hairstylist. Sometimes, I see him practise the guitar and vocals and throw the football around with Tobias Grey who plays Ethan Beckham. We are half ways done filming the movie and we have another month left. The director, Matthew Graves snaps out orders and is very turbulent. He wants the cast members to promote the film but says, "don't spoil anything."

Since the news broke out that I was starring in the film, I have gained more of my Instagram followers. I had about ten thousand followers before but now, three million and escalating. After I had completed filming the scene where Nick breaks up with Lauren after he discovers that she bribed the scouts, Matthew beckoned me into his office. I see Alex sitting in the room and look at Matthew, who nods as I sit beside Alex.

I take a glance at Alex before turning my attention to Matthew. Here are a few things that you need to know about Alex Hall. He is from London, England, he has been nominated—and won— for the world's number one hottest man and started modelling at the age of nineteen. Alex's height is 6'1, so he is perfect to play Nick. What I have heard about Alex, according to the crew, his parents neglected him and when he was eighteen, he moved to America to live with his uncle in LA and began his career as a model for Calvin Klein and Vogue.

"I have been getting phone calls from the production company who are begging me for information about you two," Matthew says pointing at us.

"What about us?" I ask sharing eye contact with Alex.

"The company and press want you two to be a couple. They think that it'll get people excited about the show, gain you two more fame and fans. Mostly to catch the paparazzi's eye and spark rumours."

"So basically," Alex says leaning forward. He glances at me then back to Matthew. "This is a publicity stunt."

"Yes," Matthew replies. I see Alex fall back against the chair and rub his temples like he is pushing back a headache. I sigh and ask what is the catch.

"You two have to act—pretend—to be in love," Matt responds. Alex abruptly stands up and bursts out, "No way. Not a chance in hell that I am doing that." He looks at me for a minute and storms out of the room.

Since Alex has been in America for some time, his British accent is crystal clear. Whenever girls hear him talk in interviews, they all swoon over his accent. Except for me. I leave the room and follow Alex out of the studio and into a parking lot filled with trailers. "Alex wait!" He turns around and looks at me.

"What do you want Millie?" he asks bitterly. Seeing him in the sun makes me look at him from a different perspective. His chestnut hair styled into a textured quiff. His light stubble, sky blue eyes are shining slightly, fair skin is toned like a greek god.

"Look," I say. "It's clear that you don't want to do this," I see him scoff but continue. "I don't want to either. But if it is going to help promote our movie, we have to do it." Alex sighs and leans against one of the trailers before nodding his head. "Alright. I'm in."

"Great," I say as I pull out my phone.

"What are you doing?" questions Alex gesturing to my phone.

"First, you have to add yourself to my contacts, " I say handing him my phone. "Secondly, pass me yours so I can do the same and third," I look at him as I hold out my hand. "I am posting on Instagram that we are 'dating.'"

"Fine," Alex sighs as he hands me his phone and takes mine. I punch in my number, add my name and go on his Instagram and have him follow me. I watch as he does the same. Once I have my phone back, I take a picture of me kissing his cheek and him smiling. I tag him and write; Done filming for today with this guy. I love you, babe. and post it. A second later, I see that my post has 6.9k likes and three thousand comments. A few fans have commented on a hashtag of I guess, our ship name which is Malex.

I glance at Alex and we know. We know that if we play our cards right, we will get out of this situation alive and that we share the same mutual feeling towards each other, which is we respect each other and like each other as co-stars and beginning friends. As much as we dislike each other, it's one for the movie and team. We barely know each other to have real feelings for each other. On-screen and for cameras, we can pretend to be in love because that is apart of our job. We can't fall in love for real, can we? It's all an act, and acting is my job. I can pretend to be in love with someone I just met, right?

I sigh as I realise that I have to get to know Alex to make this fake relationship work and for interview questions about our relationship. I have put myself into dating the hottest guy in the world for the next four months.

Just perfect.