Work

Today was an unusual day.

At least, that's what Error reckoned. The male skeleton was currently watching in confusion as you zipped around the house, moving quickly, quietly, and clumsily.

He was hiding in the shadows in the corner of your living room, closest to the hallway. It was fairly early in the morning, 4:47 based on the clock above the stove, and was still dark out.

He watched as you ran to and fro, occasionally tripping over items on the floor. You were grabbing briefcases, making breakfast, organizing papers, talking to an unknown device, and folding several different outfits all at once, along with an attempt to clean the floor.

"Hello .     .     .     yes this is y/n .     ! G-good morning, mistress! .     .     . Yes, I do hope your morning is going well, I-I apologize for not asking .     .     .    yes mistress, I made your coffee, I d-didn't forget    .     .     .     y-yes .     . " You spoke into the device, pouring a brown liquid into a cup. Once the liquid had filled the cup, you added something labeled "Creamer" to the brown substance, before covering the cup with a black, plastic lid.

Placing the cup on the counter, you continued talking into the device, still completing other tasks simultaneously. You were moving very quickly, and for quite a long amount of time.  The male skeleton knew you had to be getting tired, especially so early in the morning.

Error leaned forward, trying to get a better look at the device you were speaking into. It was rectangular shaped with round edges, and was around the same width of your palm. It was tall vertically, slightly taller than your hand.

The destroyer knew he had seen this before, everyone he knew had such a device.

Thinking, Error tried to remember its name. What was it called? "Fon?" "F-own?" "Fone?" Something like that.

Error decided not to put too much brainpower into remembering the name. It was too early to begin thinking hard, and it was such a boring matter anyway. He'd much rather watch you do whatever it was that you were doing.

"Y-yes mistress, I-I understand!  . . . N-no, I didn't do the seventy fourth load of laundry, I've j-just been really busy for the p-past few weeks .     .     .     N-no, I'm not making excuses!!   .   .   . Y-yes, I'm terribly sorry, I'll do it as soon as I arrive!!" You spoke into the device, fear in your voice.

Error tilted his head, confusion still clouding his mind. But before he could do anything about it, a loud, shrill voice blared, originating from the small piece of technology.

The male skeleton tensed up, his 'error' signs multiplying. Three new signs appeared over his body, a few obstructing his view. It took a moment to calm down, but by steadying his breathing, the destroyer was able to return to his original serene state of mind.

Watching your reaction, Error noticed your obvious flinch. It was to no surprise, the destroyer himself was startled by the volume of the voice, but what worried him was how close you were to the device.

It became obvious that the noise came from another creature, not the device itself. The frequency was far too shrill and annoying to come from any piece of technology he knew.

Error returned his attention to you, only to find that you were in obvious distress. An uneasy smile had made its way onto your face, and your body quivered as you shakily spoke into the device, only to be yelled at once more.

For some reason, this caused a strong feeling of anger to wash over the  glitch ridden skeleton. He found himself trying to figure out the best way to learn the home address of whoever was on the other end of the device, and was hoping you would allow him to pay that person a . . . visit, of sorts.