He saw Everything

You quickly bolted through your neighborhood, running at high speeds. For most, this would've been fairly dangerous seeing as it was still very dark out, though you had becone accustomed to this practice and therefore blazed across the trail with ease.

You lived near the edge of the town, wanting some peace away from the rest of society, and thankfully your work was not far. Your jobs were nestled near the heart of the city-like area, though not quite in the center.

As you made it closer to the center of town, where the buildings touched the sky and parking tickets were all too expensive, you slowed down a bit to catch your breath.

Looking around, you were not surprised to see that a majority of the city lights were off, excluding the streetlights. Not too long ago, the mayor of your tiny town had sent out an announcement that stated that all lights but the streetlights would have their power cut from 11:59pm- 5:00am.

Now, this was a ridiculous order, especially due to their reasoning behind it. They claimed that they wanted to reduce the amount of electricity used up and save the environment, though you knew it was a lie. The mayor just wanted to get more money to spend on their twisted child.

Man, was your world messed up.

There was, however, one upside to this idiotic idea. A stunning one, in fact. For in that short time period, from 11:59 pm to 5:00 am, you could see the stars.

On most nights, the town would create something known as "light pollution," which is when bright ligths seem out-shine the stars. Though ever since the order had been sent out, the stars had been brought back into view. It was beautiful, to say the least.

You soon found yourself wanting to watch the stars with Error, knowing fully that he loved space. It sounded quietly within you, like a small voice calling out. You wondered if he would ever trust you enough to let you take him outdoors, but the logical side of your brain decided against it. He would surely try to escape, wouldn't he?

And just like that, the loud voice of logic forced the minuscule murmur of hope into silence.

Sighing, you shook your head, looking away from the stars and towards a very large and intimidating mansion that lay just a few streets away.

You glumly walked towards it, knowing that your mistress would be oh-so-very happy at your arrival. Not.

Walking up to the gigantic front yard, you were met with a very large silver gate, much like your own. The only difference was the fact that this gate was strictly manual and not coated in gold. Actually, now that you thought about it, the only similarity they shared was the fact that they were both gates.

Producing a small handheld key from inside your pocket, you brought it to the lock on the gate, inserting it. Twisting the key, you pushed the large metal structure inwards, before removing and pocketing it once more.

Shutting the gate behind you, you glanced towards the large doghouse that lay to the side of the mansion's porch, where a large guard dog would reside.

Walking closer to the doghouse, you were met with the sight of a large, female Doberman Pinscher. It was very muscular, and gave off a very intimidating aura. Though the most important thing about it, was that it guarded the spare house key in its doghouse.