Chapter 3 First Day

I woke up to my favorite song playing. It was 6 A.M. and school started at eight. today was the first day and I was going to make it memorable. I got in the shower and took my time. A knock sounded on the door. I turned the water off and yelled.
"Hello?" I said
"Hurry up, your not the only one who lives here." he said clearly annoyed.
I smirked and said, "Your right! I'm not the only one living here. It's me and you, the monkey named Nick! I thought monkeys just find another monkey friend to eat their bugs. I was sure that was how monkeys got cleaned."
"Ugh! I wish you were never born."
"Is that all you've got!" I said while smiling and smirking.

It was 6:50 when I was finished. I went straight to my room and went through my closet. I found my favorite outfit. It was cute while being completely comfortable. It was 7:00 when I was completely dressed. At 7:30 my friends would be at my door ready for school. For a quick breakfast I had oatmeal, fresh fruit, and orange juice. At 7:15 I put all my stuff in my back pack and purse. I'm not into makeup that much, but I put some mascara and lip gloss on.

I was ready. It was time for school. my hand was on the knob of the door to open it. When I did, my friends were right there, smiling as usual. I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled too. My smile faded when I felt the presence of something or someone. I knew who it was. Nick.
" Are you going to move or what?"
I didn't answer I just scowled and so did he. When his eyes left me he drifted to Taylor and his whole attitude changed. She smiled her secretly flirting smile. ( it is only secret because Lizzie and I are the only ones who knows that she is actually flirting.)
I scoffed. She was seriously violating girl code. Nick was my enemy. Best friends know not to flirt with enemies! It is the second rule! Well at least it was somewhere in the top ten.
"Bye Nick!" I said cold and harshly.
He scowled at me then left.
I told Taylor about Nick and she was mad because he was cute but mean.

At 7:56 we made it to our class. We all had the exact same classes. I'll tell you how each class period was.

1st period- language/reading teacher mostly talked and welcomed the girls.
2nd- math teacher did the same thing.
3rd- civics teacher did the same thing.
Lunch- I cooked, of course.
4th- science teacher same as the rest.
5th- gym- mixed with boys and girls- teacher gave pamphlet about what we would learn.

The whole day was stress free and boring. It wasn't anything I expected. Nothing exciting happened until sixth period. This was our last class and there was an equal amount of boys to girls. She told us what we would learn, and announced that we had a project due at the end of the week. To get to know each other better, we were to make a poster, video, or PowerPoint on what we found out about each other, and present it to the class at the end of the week. What made things exciting was that each group would be boy and girl, since the girls were new and all. To make things fair she put our names in two different hats. She would pull out one name from each hat. Nick was in my class and I was praying I didn't get partnered up with him. To my luck, my prayers were answered, but I was still mad because he was partners with Taylor. Great! Lizzie was partners with a bad boy type of guy, and I was partners with Seth. He was the second hottest in the school now, thanks to Nick. He was on the football team and I was happy to be partners with him. We made plans for tomorrow and I couldn't wait until that day.