Class Trial

[Hajime's POV]

This is it. The Class Trial. Because Byakuya died, that makes one of us, a killer. And if we choose correctly, we all get to live, except the killer.

[Reader's POV]

My heart kept beating pretty fast once I got to my stand. I wasn't listening to Monokuma's tutorial about the Class Trial since Makoto told me lots of stories about it, but I acted like I was listening anyways. That's when I noticed Monomi being hung from the ceiling and tied with a rope, and some tape over her mouth. I couldn't help but cringe and feel sorry for her.

"Let the Claaaass Trial....Begin!!" Monokuma boomed.

"Y-you're telling us to begin but..what are we supposed to do?" Mikan stuttered.

"Why don't we settle this with our fists?! I know one of you dumbos killed Byakuya and I'm gonna find out who by punching everyone in this room!" Akane shouted, showing her fists.

"Hey, hey, why don't we not use our fists." Mahiru said nervously.

After a bit of thinking, I think I've decided who the killer is while the others were bickering.

"Hajime?" I got his attention pretty easily since we were next to each other.

"(Y/N)? Do you need something?" He looked at me surprised.

"Can I look over the evidence? I think I'm getting an idea on who the killer is." I said, extending my arm out.

He shrugged, and gave me his journal. "I've memorized most of the stuff so I don't mind."

I smiled. "Thanks, Hajime." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nagito glaring at me, then at Hajime, before he spoke.

"Why don't we try to solve the most important question on our mind." Nagito said, going back to his usual state. "Why Byakuya's body was on top of (Y/N)."

While the others talk, I flipped threw the notes, trying to build a picture in my head.

~Gaps under floorboards.

~1 Iron skewer missing according to the kitchen list.

~According to Mikan's autopsy, Byakuya was repeatedly stabbed with a thin object, its diameter no more than 5mm.

It was possible that he was stabbed with that missing Iron Skewer. But from where and how??

~Byakuya was stabbed repeatedly, no more than 10 times in his legs and one in his arm. He loss consciousness quickly from loss of blood, and died.

~Light does not escape from the firewall.

~There was tape underneath the table which has glow in the paint, but what ever that tape was attaching was gone.

~There was a secret passage in the storage room that led to a way underneath the floor.

~A threatening letter was sent to Byakuya yesterday about a murder occuring.

~A/Cs both set on 11:30 PM

~Nagito was cleaning and left to go to the market to get supplies in the evening before going back, leaving old house empty for 30 minutes.

I got it!

"And so, (Y/N) isn't the killer." Nagito looked at me and smiled. I smiled back too, knowing that his suspicion was just a coincidence.

"Well, waddya know...(Y/N) was actually innocent for once." Hiyoko looked at me and grinned. I cleared my throat and got my ideas on a straight line.