25 | Remember

Uncomfortable silence

That was what Baekhyun had been feeling for a week now. Hera won't talk to him like she used to. Yes, she would still show her care and do things she was supposed to do as a wife but that was all.

It was like something inside her was broken since the day he told her about his love for Taeyeon. He wanted to be honest with her and he knew his past had hurt her. She was hurt, but she wanted that. She wanted truth, and Baekhyun gave it to her. Taeyeon was his first love and that was it. Nobody was going to change that. It did not matter if Taeyeon was with someone else now, he would always love her.

But do you not feel anything for your wife? His consciousness asked him and he shook his head to clear his mind. He glanced in Hera's direction and sighed.

She was looking outside as usual as if in deep thought, a frown appeared on her face and he couldn't help but reach out to her hand "Are you okay?" he asked, intertwining their fingers.

Hera looked at him, flustered and her lips parted as if she wanted to say something but then decided against it, and gave him a small nod.

"We're here," Baekhyun announced, a little annoyance in his voice because of her behavior. He climbed down the car and walked around to open the door for her.

"Thank you," she said, climbing down the car and straightening up. She lifted her eyes to meet his and he breathed out, looking away.

"Whatever it is going on between us... I hope my brother won't sense it, neither do Irene," Baekhyun's eyes flickered over her and she shrugged.

"There's nothing going on," she answered and gave him a fake smile. "Everything is fine."

He rolled his eyes at that and wrapped an arm around her waist. "As if I'm blind" he muttered under his breath before leading her inside the house.

They were at Suho's house as Irene wanted to see the couple for some time now and since she was pregnant, Baekhyun suggested that they would come here instead of Irene traveling to their house.

"Irene, I swear nothing happened!"

A loud scream made Hera jump on her feet and she furrowed her brows. Baekhyun scoffed and went to the door only to witness Suho running around the house with Irene chasing him with a baseball bat.

"Oh really? You mean to say that meeting your first girlfriend is no big deal!" Irene grumbled and placed a hand on her belly before chasing him with slow steps.

"God! Irene just lay down or something," Suho begged but maintained his distance, still scared of the pregnant woman.

"You are going to leave me now because I'm not very beautiful anymore?" she asked, almost screaming and Suho snorted.