Chapter 2 (C.G POV)

I stomped away from the youngest Greene girl. How could she think like that? How could she not care that all of her friends and family were shot in front of her? 
   I shook my head in anger as Mom called me. I looked up at her and walked to the porch where she waiting for me to do schoolwork. Just lovely. I had been doing math when she decided to question me, making it ten times harder.
    "I see you and Lilith aren't talking. What happened? You follow her around like a lost puppy, but you stop all of a sudden?" I rolled my eyes, careful so she would't see. "Not friends, I guess." Trying to figure out my problem- both on the sheet and with the girl.
   I saw Mom nod from beside me. "I never liked her anyways. Always getting into trouble, dragging you with her. Like when she took you up to see the walkers in the barn." I cringed at the recent memory, and how she got in trouble when it was my idea and she was trying to stop me. 
   I heard a slam and looked  up to see Shane. He looked at us quickly before heading off who knows where. I turned back when I heard a neigh, making me look up. Lilith was running after a horse, and Mom saw too. "There she goes again." She said something to the horse, calming it down. She slowly approached it, her hand outstretched. She managed to get rope around the black beauty, and suddenly looked up, directly into my eyes. I felt my cheeks heat up and quickly looked down, but not looking away.
    The horse nudged her, and I saw her smile and she might have giggled, a rare thing to see from the girl. I couldn't help but smile when I did hear her giggle. Maybe she wasn't so heartless.

A/N

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW IT'S SHORT IM SORRY