Chapter 1

*Lilith's POV*   

   "Everyone was right. You really are heartless." The teary eyed boy snapped before walking off. I sighed and made my way to the stables. I didn't care, I was used to it by now. 
   You're probably wondering what's going on. The group that had been staying on my family's farm had just broken into the barn and killed my 'sick' friends and family members. Along with a young girl that was apart of the group. Everybody was shaken up about the 'sudden' deaths of everyone. Except me.
  I knew this was going to happen, so when I rolled my eyes and walked away from the scene, Carl, my first and only friend, was angry. 
   I had made it to the stables, and went to Sadie's stall. Sadie is a very jumpy horse, she doesn't trust anyone or anything. She only trusts me, making people raise eyebrows. 
   "Hey, Girl." I said softly. The black beauty neighed and came into view, brushing her face against mine, making me giggle. "I missed you too." She fluttered her lip as I allowed her to come out of the stall. 
   I gently placed my hand on her muzzle as I closed the stall door. I heard a slam, quickly turning my head. Sadie heard it too, and jumped. She neighed and ran out of the stables. "Sadie!" I yelled running after her, cursing whoever slammed the door and grabbing rope.
   She finally stopped running in the fields, and started kicking her front legs. "Shh Shh Shh, it's okay girl, I'm not gonna hurt you." I said quietly, making my way towards the frightened horse with my hand outstretched. She stopped and stared at me as I placed my hand on her muzzle, still shushing her. "Good girl, good girl." I whispered and slipped the rope I had grabbed earlier around her neck and made our way back to the stables.
   I felt eyes on me, and saw Carl staring at me from where he sat with his mom. Our eyes connected and he looked away quickly. Sadie neighed, and nudged me forward, making me giggle. "See? There isn't anything to be scared of." I smiled at the horse, who huffed out as I pushed her into her stall. 

A/N

Sorry this is so short! I will be publishing Carl's POV shortly!