Chapter 20 - Rebirth

He looks something like this now. Also, I don't own the image.

After 2 weeks:-

Izuku's POV:-

I am Izuku Midoriya

Or that is who I am supposed to be

I open my eyes. My eyes get blinded by the bright lights in the room. My whole body feels numb. I try to move my eyes to observe my surroundings but it felt very painful. Before I could do anything the doors open and the doctors rush into the room.

In the observation room:-

Izuku's POV:-

After 6 hours of examining me, I am now sitting in front of a doctor interrogating me. He showed me the photographs of my parents.

" Do you recognize them? " he points at the picture.

" They are my parents. Hisashi Midoriya and Inko Midoriya " I answered.

" Good, now this person " he points at another picture.

He shows me the photo of Uraraka. I know her but for some reason, it felt strange. My heart starts to beat very fast.

" Are you alright Midoriya? " he asks waving his hand in front of me.

" Oh! Sorry, this is Uraraka, I mean Ochako Uraraka, my friend " I replied.

He then continues to show me pictures of my classmates, teachers and other people I know.

" Midoriya, do you remember why you are here? " he asks.

" I am having memory problems, I guess. Because I can't seem to remember anything that occurred in my life before middle school " I answered.

" Well, you are right. But before telling you about your condition, can you recall if you had a serious injury during your last year of middle school? " he asks me.

" Yes. I was attacked by a villain. I was admitted to the hospital due to that attack. I almost died due to that " I replied.

" After that accident, you developed a very odd condition. Your cells became very unstable and were constantly changing. And that thing is still going on in your body. We think that due to that you have this memory problem " he informs.

" But, why are you telling me all this? "

" So, that you can understand that you are not cured of your condition. And we can't predict what it can do to you. So in future, if you feel anything odd with your body or memories, please don't hesitate to inform us. Anyway, you are getting discharged today " he then leaves the room.

Meanwhile:-

Doctor's office:-

Ochako's POV:-

" We were able to give him most of his memories. But there is a problem that can occur. We can give someone memories from outside but sometimes, some memories don't get accepted by the brain of that person. Those memories get locked by the brain somehow. It is a strange phenomenon we have observed in other patients who had been given memories from outside. So, there are chances he too would suffer from that. But based on our observation, he can recall most of the things. So, he can be discharged today " the doctor explains.

" Also, his condition of having unstable cells is very unpredictable. We can't tell what it can do to him. And the problem is almost all of his cells are constantly changing. But, there is no need to worry about it. If you notice anything unusual with him, kindly inform us. It could help us to diagnose him before his condition could get worse. That's all I had to inform you. You can now meet him " he leads us to Izuku's room.