Chapter 41- Power other than quirks

" Welcome to your new training room or should I say your new arena "

The voice command activated the machines and the hidden laser modules revealed out from the ceiling, pointing at the student's head. The other bulky machines with machine guns like barrels pointed at them with cranking noise coming from it, suggesting that it is about to shoot.

Mr Fukai stood in the middle, looking calm with a gentle smile on his face while everyone else was in panic mode, still trying to figure out what was going on. Bakugou out of his instinct of danger rushed forward and leapt out towards Mr Fukai charging his classic explosion propelled punch.

But before his attack would connect, the machines fired what looked like a shell made of paper towards the rest of the class which burst to reveal it was all confetti. A big banner dropped from the ceiling between Mr Fukai and Bakugou which surprised him and he got caught in it which slowed down his momentum. Mr Fukai stopped Bakugou's punch which was more like a fist bump due to the slow speed.

Everyone was stunned by everything that happened within 10 seconds. The entire class had a blank face while All Might and the detective were amazed.

" Mr Bakugou, I am afraid to say this but you have failed to impress me. Instead of going after me, you should have gone for the machines to save your classmates. You can't do this type of mishap in real life, but don't worry, that's why I am here. To help you guys to become the best hero that will graduate from UA " he offered his hand to Bakugou but he refused and stood up on his own.

" I would have utilized today's entire session for introduction and fun activities but I guess we are on a time limit, so I will get to the point. In battle, power isn't the only thing that decides the outcome. The right decisions and techniques are the things that can give an edge in a battle. So, how about we have a battle between Todoroki and Koda. Sounds fair enough right? " he announced.

Not everyone in the class was thinking that it was going to be a fair battle, even Koda wasn't confident enough to believe that he can fight against Todoroki's powerful quirk. But Mr Fukai was confident and he took Koda to another section of the facility to give him some advice. 

While they both were out of the room, debate again occurred among the students. 

" All Might, who do you think will win?  " Hagaruke asked.

" They both certainly are good fighters. Todoroki's quirk is quite powerful and Koda's quirk is also good but I think Koda might be at a disadvantage because in this closed space he wouldn't be able to call any animals for help. So, I think Todoroki has a greater chance to win although I don't know what tricks Mr Fukai up his sleeves to change the probability "

" See, All Might himself is telling that Todoroki has a higher chance to win " Bakugou argued with Izuku. 

Finally, the automated doors opened and Mr Fukai and Koda came back from the other section. Koda's hero suit looked totally different from what it previously used to be. His suit stretched across his entire arms and legs with extra metal protection whereas previously they were exposed. He had a pair of red gloves and his mask looked like it was heavily upgraded.

" Woah, your suit looks so cool. When did you send it for improvement? " Kirishima complimented him.

" These are my costume designs. I have studied your quirks and your battles and made new costumes for each one of you. I would love to talk about everything about it but again, we are constrained by time. We should move to the battle room " he leads them through another set of doors to the viewing room with a huge glass wall to view the battles. The two fighters entered the big battle room matching the similar clean white look and took their position.