When It All Comes Crashing Down

"You can't run from this, Georgia!" I heard my mother scream after me as I bolted out of the doctors office. Tears filled up my eyes, and soon cascaded my face ruining my makeup.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. "Hey Georgia, wha-"

"What are you doing, can you come pick me up?"

"Ya, where are you?

"St. Mary's Hospital. And Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go to our special place, like we used to?"

"Yes. I'm on my way ill be there soon."

____________________________________________________________

15 minutes later

I opened the door to his red jeep. "Drive."

Without words he hit the gas and we sped away. The car ride was quiet. The entire time I looked out the window with so many thoughts rushed thru my head. The doctor said that it was most likely incurable. I pursed my lips before letting out a shaky sigh.

"What's wrong, G? I've never seen you like this."

"I-I'll tell you when we get there. A car isn't the right place."

We finally arrived. I took a moment to absorb the fresh air, bright blue sky, and vibrantly green trees.

"So... Erm... Why were you so upset?"

I froze. "I... Umm... I just... Missed you?"

"Come on, you can trust me. You know that. Don't pull away."

"I just missed you, okay?" I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes, then disappointment. I can't pull him down with me. And I have to tell my best friend first.

"Can you drive me to Ally's house? It's not too far from here."

He gave me a confused look. "G, we just got here." By the time he had finished his sentence, I was already buckled up in his car. He came back to the car, irritated.

Silence. The whole car ride.

"Bye," I self-consciously said before giving him a quick peck on the lips.

____________________________________________________________

I practically sprinted to ally's front door. I walked right on in considering I practically lived there. "Hello?" I heard coming from upstairs. Running up the stairs, I almost trampled her.

"Ally! I need to tell you something. Really serious." That's all I had to say before she turned and led me into her aqua colored room.

I sat down on her bed and she sat down next to me. "What's wrong?"

"A bomb was just dropped on my life," I said tears beginning to form in my eyes. I tried to blink them away, but blinking just caused them to pour out like a waterfall.

"What is it, talk."

"I... I... I'm sick," I whimpered as she gave me a questioning look.

"What do you mean? You'll be okay right?"

"I don't know Al, it's pretty bad," now it's her turn to cry.

"Georgia, you'll be okay. You will. You have to!" Her voice lowered to a whisper, "you're my best friend."

"Ally," I paused looking up while tightening my jaw.

"I have leukemia."

____________________________________________________________

A/N confusing, I know. I'm just trying to introduce main characters. Don't worry. It will get better! :)