Chapter 9

It's been a few hours since the whole kiss thing. Charles went back outside of my room, saying that it would be too suspicious if he stayed in here too long.

I'm trying to figure out this whole Edward thing, I already told Mother and Father that I was going to marry him, what am I going to do now? I can't just go back on that. Can I?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to find out. I get up and dash out of my room, towards the throne room where Mother and Father are.

"Your highness!" Charles says, a bit startled. He jogs to catch up with me. "Where are you going?"

"I need to talk to my parents," I respond. Charles doesn't say anything back, but he's right next to me and, oddly, that's enough.

When we get to the throne room I suddenly don't know what to say. Mother and Father are just sitting there, staring at me. I feel all the blood drain from my face and my mouth goes dry.

"Y/N, is everything alright?" Father says, standing up.

I notice that Charles is standing a bit away from me. It's probably for the best right now

"I'm fine," I say. "I want- no, I need to talk to you guys about Edward."

"What about him?" Mother asks. "You already said you would marry him, what else is there to say?"

"I don't want to marry him," I basically yell. Father looks confused and Mother just looks appalled.

"What?" Mother snarls. She gets up and walks over to me. "You can't just change your mind like that!" She yells in my face.

"I don't love him, Mother!" I start. "I wasn't in a good state of mind this morning and now I am."

"It doesn't seem like you're in a good state of mind! It's like you've gone crazy, we always think you're on the right path but then you do some shit like this! You ungrateful brat!" She raises her hand up to slap me, I turn my head and close my eyes, expecting to feel the pain on my cheek, but it never comes.

"What exactly do you think you're doing?" Mother asks. I open my eyes and turn my head. Charles is standing in front of me holding my Mother's wrist.

"My job is to protect the princess, that's exactly what I'm doing, is it not?" He responds cooly.

"You-!"

"Emily, stop," Father says, walking over to us. "So what if she changed her mind? That's her decision to make, not yours."

"William, I- Has everybody in this castle gone crazy?" She screams. "Let go of me!" She yanks her wrist out of Charles' grasp and storms out of the room.

Father looks at me, then Charles, then back at me again. He sighs. "I'm sorry, Y/N," he says. "She's always been dead set on you marrying a prince, but," he glances at Charles again, "but I see now." He turns around and sits back on his throne, his legs crossed and leaning on one of the arms with his face in his hand.

"Father I-"

"Just go back to your room Y/N, your mother needs some time to calm down, and I need some time to think."

I nod. Charles glances back at me. We both turn, walk back and into my room, Charles closes the door behind him. I sit on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands.

Hellohellohello! Sorry about the short chapter! I just wanted to get something out to you guys. The next chapter will be longer. I've been working on something new. I don't think I'll put it on here, but who knows.

Thanks so much for reading and I'll see y'all later BAII!!
-Kenny/Kendall