Mind, Body, and Soul. Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Tricinity quickly caught up to the boys and flew next to them as they flew down below the fog, Xander took the lead as he began to follow the flow of energy that the containment sphere picked up on. They had to dodge the occasional stray attack and falling soldier, every so often a mech would fall and create a bright flash of light as it exploded. They had to quickly conceal themselves each time as not to be seen. Tricinity simply transformed her body into the same fog, but still able to be completely controlled by her. Damien just took a similar form, melding in with the wind and dashing around the mountains in close proximity to his team. Xander himself just created a sensory deprivation field around his body, so anything he did was untraceable by their enemies.

After flying for a few short moments they realized the Destruction energy wasn't in the sky wear the cities were but instead was deep beneath the fog as they slowly began to descend deeper into the void. Once they were past the thick fog they noticed an entire surface world that looked completely uninhabitable. It was well over a thousand degrees below all the fog, most likely created by a greenhouse effect. Dead, burnt trees were scattered across the surface, as well as ruins of expansive civilizations all over the planet. Bones were littered everywhere, none of which could have come from anything they had yet met. All of the destruction from above was being rained down upon this land like a cataclysm. Even if something could survive in these harsh conditions they would most likely become a casualty in a fight.

As they dodged falling debris, they started to notice a massive gothic-style castle off in the distance with a large drawbridge entrance, while the entire structure was surrounded by a swirling moat of a viscous blood-like substance. "That must be the place." Xander nodded at the structure, signaling them to get into position. They approached the building, which stood several stories tall, Damien flew underneath the door like a gentle breeze and scoped out the inside.

'Clear.' He thought to his teammates.

Tricinity's fog body came back together into her normal form once she was in the range of the wall, she then simply touched it and snapped her fingers. Several stones in random spots across the side of the wall turned into chunks of glass but remained unnoticeable to any Mardonites inside. With a quickness she dashed from one one-sided window to another, making sure the coast was clear on the next few floors. 'Clear so far.' She informed them.

Xander quietly approached the side and pulled out enough stone blocks to make a hole large enough to let him through, then quickly reset them in place as Damien appeared next to him, followed by Tricinity who used her powers to phase through the wall with ease. The room they were in was large and empty, large stone blocks made up all the walls, just a few ancient-looking lamps were spread along the walls and down each hallway. Just as they were all together, a group of guards appeared from around the corner. Damien took action, transforming into a small cyclone that disorientated them for a moment. Just before he was about to release them, Tricinity snapped her fingers and suddenly the invisible wind that spiraled around them was given a greenish-purple hue. Damien was shocked by what just happened but then noticed the guards all fell unconscious.

"What was that?" Damien whisper-yelled at her as he took his physical form and checked for any deformities she may have caused.

"My gem allows me to manipulate the molecular structure of whatever I touch, even my own body. Well, when I touched you earlier back on Jupiter, my powers sort of connected with yours." She tried to explain as delicately as possible.

"Meaning what?" He huffed at her as he walked closer so they didn't get too loud. "You can transform my body into whatever you want?"

"No, at least not your physical body. When you transform into the elements or summon them, I can transform them into different versions of that element. Like with the air, I transformed it into a sedative." She smiled at him. "So in a sense, we're the perfect team."