1

Mina's POV

I walked silently on the hallway with the books I borrowed from the library pressed tightly on my chest. I'm not very comfortable with people all around me, especially when they're monsters.

My father sent me to this academy where monsters and hunters like me are at peace and study together.

For the past three centuries, the two teams seized on fighting when the King of Vampires (which is also the king of all monsters) and my ancestor Abraham Van Helsing signed a peace treaty.

A school was built by the two forces to be a sign of peace between us. But something is breaking the ties of our peaceful days. One of our agents reported that a lot of monsters and humans had gone missing last year in this school and that's why my dad sent me here to investigate who would do such a thing.

We don't have a single clue who on earth did it.

"Mina!"

My train of thought was broken when I heard my name. I stopped walking and looked at the direction where the voice came from, it was Jeongyeon, my best friend. She's not a human like me but a low-class vampire. Rumors about our friendship spread like wildfire. A Helsing and a Vampire being friends is not a normal thing.

"H-Hi Jeong." I muttered. Jeongyeon ran towards me and stopped as she catches her breath. As a low-class vampire, they don't have the strength and agility like the high class or the purebloods. Well, even a high-class vampire will never surpass nor be in the same level as a pureblood

Jeongyeon breath out and smiled at me. "Let's go to the cafeteria together." She began.

"Oh I'd love to but I need to study for the upcoming exam." I really do need to study. Even if I'm sent here to investigate, I couldn't just throw my grades away.

Jeongyeon pouted and put her hands together then bring them up to my face, making me step back. She bowed at me.

"Pleaseee Minari~" She pleaded.

I sighed and nodded which made the sad Jeongyeon smile from ear to ear. She grabbed my hand and started to drag me to the cafeteria.

When we got there, it was full of people and I was really uncomfortable. I'm more likely an introvert person, unlike Jeongyeon who's like a social butterfly.

The cafeteria is such a fancy place. Instead of concrete walls, it is replaced by glass so you can see the school garden on the left side and the gym on the right side. I sat on a table for two while Jeongyeon ordered our food. From here I can see our seniors doing their activities at the gym.

"32 humans and 19 monsters had gone missing." I remember what my father told me yesterday. I squinted my eyes and focused them on the jocks. That's too many humans, so it might be someone that can kill a human but had some trouble with the monsters. These jocks can be the suspects.

"Yohoo! Earth to Mina."

I was brought back to reality when Jeongyeon waved her hand in front of my face. I averted my eyes from the jocks and looked at Jeongyeon only to see a smirk painted on her mouth.

"You like athletes huh?" She teased.

I laughed and shake my head. "Of course not. I'm just thinking about something."

Jeongyeon sat down in front of me and gave me the burger she bought for me.

"Does that case bothers you always?" Jeongyeon asked.

Since Jeongyeon is my one and only friend here and she's someone you can really trust (and her family is a friend of ours), she knew about the case that my dad trusted me to solve.

I sighed deeply. "Yes, it does. I mean, so many lives have been taken when that killer or kidnaper suddenly appeared, and as a member of the Helsing's, we can't just ignore that." I explained to her. Jeongyeon is a good listener.

She puts her hand on top of mine and gave it a small squeeze. I look at her and she smiles. "Don't stress yourself about it. Whoever is that man or woman, they'll pay the price."

We started to eat our burgers and I have to admit that it's very delicious. Suddenly, Jeongyeon shot her eyes on someone and her brows furrowed. I turned around to see what Jeongyeon is looking, it was a girl. A very beautiful one to be exact.

She's surrounded by other girls and boys who seem like they're her fans. Two tall and very well built men wearing tuxedos and shades stands on each of her sides, they must be her bodyguards.

"That's odd." Jeongyeon started. I turned back to look at her.

"What's odd? That girl?" I asked.

She laughed and raised a brow. "What do you mean by that girl? You can't just call her that." She took a sip from her soda.

"Why?" I turned to the girl's direction again then back to Jeongyeon. "She looks like some famous celebrity or some campus crush."

Jeongyeon gave me her what-on-earth-are-you-saying look.

"You really don't know her?" She asked again.

"No."

"As in really really really not know her?"

"Uh... No."

She sighed loudly and puts both of her hand on her face and mumbled something.

As she takes them off she inhaled sharply.

"Mina Helsing. You're from the main branch of the Helsing family. The descendant of Abraham Van Helsing, the famous vampire hunter. Am I correct?"

I slowly nodded in response. What's up with her?

She drew her hand close to her nose and inhaled sharply again. She suddenly slammed the table and stands up.

"Then why on earth you didn't know about the last pureblood!" She exclaimed.

What? The last pureblood?