Chapter 3

Everyone stood around the two and waited for more interactions. However both girls were just weeping about people that don't exist. Natsumi looked at the other adults in the room. They, of course were the parents of the other girl/Naomi's best and only friend. Her memories of Seiko and the others were completely wiped, unknown to herself of course. To her and presumably the other adults, Naomi and Ayumi just came back late from school and all of a sudden were injured, depressed, suffering from slight PTSD and had imaginary dead friends. It doesn't make any sense to them. They never had any other friends, only each other. All of a sudden Ayumi began to whisper to Naomi again.

"We can't let this c-continue.... We must restore everyone's memory of them! Or... Maybe even try to find a way to revive them...?"

"But how do we go about doing that?"

"Let's meet up later today, we have to find a way as soon as possible."

"Alright... I'll do anything for Seiko and Satoshi."

"Okay I'll text you the details."

None of the others understood anything, they were speaking too quietly. The doctor seemed lost at this point and decided to call the meeting off for now. Something didn't feel quite right. After that everyone left the clinic. Natsumi talked a little more with both of Ayumi's parents, just to confirm the timeline and all of their assumptions. Everything matched so there's definitely something that's wrong with their daughters or they are all forgetting something, that however seemed unlikely to all of them. I mean what kind of parent forget their childs friends. Also the supposed "parents" of the other "friends" confirmed that those people never existed. So yeah, something was very wrong with their daughters. At least to them. Maybe their children could also be remembering something wrong.

*Timeskip*

As Ayumi got home she immediately ran to her room and started searching for information about life and death, forgotten people and spells to revive people/restore the memories of them.  

'Okay let's see what's written here... Ugh. Nothing useful of course.... Ugggghhh!!'

Suddenly Ayumi's computer began glitching and the screen turned black.

'Huh?? W-what just happend? Did it crash??.... Ah.. No the power light is still green... So it's still on.'

Her thoughts where interrupted by red text. She started freaking out more as she saw it writing itself.

"Welcome, Ayumi Shinozaki.
I see that your friends, Seiko Shinohara, Mayu Suzumoto, Sakutaro Morishige, Yuka Mochida, Yoshiki Kishinuma, Yui Shishido and Satoshi Mochida are victims of the 'Curse of heavenly host'. There is a way to bring them back. By reverting the clock. I'll give you a hint on how to do so. Look for a book that was stolen from your bloodline by a cult. I wish you and your only friend Naomi Nakashima the best of luck."

~

Ayumi couldn't believe what she just read as her computer turned off.

'A book that got stolen from my bloodline? By a cult?! Why would a cult want to steal a book from my family?? And is this even legit?... Whatever I have to try it... Even if it is just a hoax... I'll do anything for them!'

And with that she wrote the information she got down and texted Naomi.

Hey Nakashima-san,

I have found a way to get our friends back. However we have to infiltrate a cult. I don't know which one, but I think we'll figure it out once we do more research.. So please come over as soon as possible.

See you tomorrow, your Class representative, Ayumi Shinozaki.

And with that she turned her computer back on and started researching.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

It's been a while, huh?

Yeahhh this story isn't abandoned. I was just too lazy and actually tried to get a better writing style! I'll update the past chapters a bit today. Maybe you'll get chapter 4 today as well.. But I won't promise anything! Anyways until later!

~Aya