Dreaming Of Glass Stars

-Elise-

Dreaming of the palace wasn't a new thing, though I've never seen the glass sky I was determined to.
"ELISE!!"
I almost fell out of bed, I'm 4 floors above them and yet their screams still echo in my ears.
I ran down the flights of stairs faster than I should have seeing as I tripped on the last one face planting the ground.
"What could they possibly want this early in the morning?"
I winced at the throbbing pain in my forehead opening the door to find Giselle and Claudia.
"ELISE!"
Found them. Walking into their massive closet tripping over dresses and shoes thrown on the ground carelessly.
"Yes?"
"Where is my green lace dress? Did you forget to do your job? I bet it's still in the laundry you lazy maid!"
I didn't like being yelled at so I kept my head down knowing very well her dress was hung up.
"And my orange silk dress Elise! Where did you put it?" Claudia spat.
"They were hung up yesterday."
"You're a liar!"
I couldn't tell which sister called me a liar but Laverna seemed to hear her "princesses" yelling and swiftly found her way to us.
"What is going on?"
I got stiff, I know they are going to tell her they can't find their dresses, but they are probably just hidden under this mess.
"Elle lost our favourite dresses mom!"
"Did not!"
I regretted yelling immediately when Laverna's hand hit my face.
"Who do you think you're talking too!"
Tears rolled down my now red face and I ran outside. I just want to leave but I can't, where would I even go?
Than I remembered the one place I've always wanted to go, the ballroom...
What are you thinking Elise? You need an invitation to get into the palace!
But I could just go look at it right? That's not bad, or illegal.
—————————
It was dark outside by the time I got to the palace, I could hear music, even standing outside.
I started to sway to the beat of the music, I noticed you could feel the beat in the ground but just barley so I took my shoes off, the music traveled through me.
The music soon filled my senses and I wanted nothing but to dance, so I did. I was fairly far from the palace no guard would be able to see me anyway.
I was dancing with every emotion I had inside of me, than I heard a branch break, I looked over to see what I'd caught the attention of but it wasn't a what, it was a who...
I couldn't see them but I knew if they were watching me I was in trouble.
I grabbed my shoes and ran, fast.
—————————
I was out of breath and sweating my legs hurt and my heart felt like it was exploding, but I was at the barn.
"Safe." I breathed and collapsed onto the ground, my eyes shut and I want able to open them again.
I wonder who was watching me? And for how long?