♫ TRACK 10 - STOCKHOLM SYNDROME (1D)

♥ ♥ ♥

Its three minutes past two o’clock, where are the boys? Indie was becoming increasingly impatient. She had been waiting for them outside the book the store for almost five hours. Where are they?

She looked around, all the fans had already arrived, and they were holding posters, books, and pictures of the boys. Some were crying, some were talking anxiously to their group of friends; some were screaming and singing along to the boys songs. Some of which didn’t have the best vocals.

All the girls were wearing vivid colors from head to toe, blocking the whole entire area. Some wore the boys’ faces on their shirts and sweatshirts. Some were dressed rather fashionably, while others were a bit trashier. She looked at one particular girl; she had a tight jean mini skirt, with a blouse that was perhaps two sizes too small and some high heels. It wasn’t her dashing personality that would catch the boys’ attention rather than two bulging pieces of chicken sticking out of her shirt.

She looked down at her black attire; a long sleeve black shirt, with black skinny jeans and some combat boots. She pushed her hair back and held her book tightly; she loved the band more than life itself probably. She was anxious to meet them all, but the one that was making her palms sweat and her breath shaky was… Harry. She felt her glasses a bit heavy and her face hot. The weather was unbearable but aside from the flames the sun caused, she began to imagine what she would say to Harry.

While her trance picked up it suddenly ended when something caught her attention. A black SUV came around the corner, rather hasty, as it disappeared behind the book store as fast it came. She looked around and noticed that none of the girls even said anything. She thought by now there must be hysterics knowing that the truck could possibly be one of the trucks that had one of the members. She bit her lip and contemplated in that very second what she should do. Should she ditch her spot and move to the back and try to catch a glimpse of the boys getting out of their cars? Maybe take a picture with them and still make it in time for the opening of the bookstore? Or perhaps it was just a worker or the manager of the store coming around the back? In a matter of seconds Indie was walking towards the back, all while keeping an eye on the girls making sure that no fan followed her. If she was going to meet the love of her life, she wouldn’t want to share it with some other fan. 

Walking around the garage area Indie kept her eyesight on the price. The black SUV was parked only two feet away from her. Should she hide behind one of the pillars and wait until someone got off the car? Her breath was beginning to come out staggered, her heart was racing. What was she doing? What if this was a mistake? What if she got in trouble with the boys’ manager? Suddenly, someone came up from behind her and tapped her shoulder. Indie nearly jumped out of her skin, her heart almost bursting.

“Hey, miss… you must be Lauren, the owner of the bookstore? I got a call from Des saying that you’re going to drive Mr. Harry to the other entrance of the bookstore, is that correct? The rest of the boys are already inside the store but Mr. Harry had some business to attend to,’’ spoke a very tall man, probably in his 50s, holding his hat in his hand. He looked rather tired; the dark bags under his eyes pretty much gave it away.

“Yes… I’m Lauren…” she spoke very lowly almost in a whisper. She couldn’t believe what was coming out her mouth. Her cheeks were burning and her heart picked up the speed it once was going. She was going to drive Harry, and there was no going back now. The question was… where?

She walked next to the car and got in quickly as if someone was watching her. Indie closed the door and sat in the driver’s seat, taking in a few breaths before turning around. Right in the middle of the three seats was Harry. It was like a scene from a movie, he was slouched a bit, his eyes were busy on his phone, and suddenly they lifted. His green eyes almost made her scream, but she had to pretend like she was Lauren.