Polo.

Hi, I'm Lucy, I'm the only one who's different from everybody.

(In our class, especially.)

I was 7 years old when my dad left our home. Nagising ako noong 9pm that time kasi narinig ko yung pintuan namin. When I looked at the window, I saw my Dad arguing with my mom then left after they finished. After that day I thought he was gone but then he came back and I was so happy. I was so paranoid that he might leave again so I slept at the sofa just to make sure but... I saw him again leaving.
Before he open the door I pulled his leather jacket.

He said

"Hey Lucy..."

I said

"Where are you going daddy?"

He said

"I-- I was just gonna get some milk right around the block."

I said

"Can I go with you?"

He said

"No, Lucy. Stay with your mom, it's already 10:30 pm. I promise I'll come back asap."

So I believed him but... he never came back.

I never heard a word from him. Ever since he left the family my momma has gone crazy. She always pushes me to study. Same with my sister, Lois. She's my younger sister. Sobrang close namin that we study together even though magkaiba kami ng level. She's like my bestfriend. She helps me with almost everything. When I do my nails gusto nya kapareho ng kaniya. She's the best sister I could've ever asked for. She was supposed to be 16 years old today but sadly... she died. A car accident nearly killed us both. It happened at the bridge near the school.
It was 7:30 pm on 20th of June.
We were supposed to go home that time.
I let her drive our mom's car because she said she know how.

She do know how to drive but the road was slippery and we crashed at the bridge. The car nearly fell off the bridge. All I remember was she was screaming.

She said

"I can't control it!"

I said

"Hold on, Lo--"

I woke up at the hospital bed. My sister is in the other. I remember the nurses putting dextrose on me. I saw the other nurses trying to revive my sister. The doctors were using Defibrillator. All I heard was the doctor saying "Clear!" and "Clear!" again and again and it's not doing any work. I remember her eyes were still open that time.
As the curtains closes, I slowly realize that she's already dead.

It's her birthday today. I wanted to disappear so I climbed the ledge on the bridge where we crashed but then I realized that she would never want me to die like this. I mean, she would never wanna see me like this.

So I tried finding the answer.

It was lunchtime. I'm with my friends and we're eating our lunch when my friend beside me texted me.

"Hey, are you going to the party?"

I yelled at her.

"What the fuck?! I'm right beside you, you stupid bitch."

(Ahhhhhh it felt good.)

Before I leave I pointed her my phone and I told her to hand it over.

She handed it over to me and then I threw it outside and I said to myself.

"Fuck this. I wanna be different."

I wasn't far enough on our table when I saw a guy. His name was Polo. I thought he might be the answer so I talked to him.

"I've seen you play."

He said

"A what?"

I said

"A guitar and I've seen you sing."

He said

"Ummmm how di--"

I said

"You're shit."

(He's pretty good.)

He said

"Well fuck off then."

(Good thing he hates me. I wanna know him more. I think he really is the answer because he's different too.)

I hope he likes local bands and I hope he also know the song Roses & Sunflowers by Timmy Albert. It's my favorite song. I like listening to it while looking at the sky because it makes me feel like I'm in control. I wanna know him well.