[Chapter 2] Operation: BEGIN!

[Your Name]'s POV:

"Good morning [Your Name]."

"Hm? Oh, morning Teru!"

It was the next day and I was just about to drop off some finished paperwork over at the Student Council room before class begun. That was my original plan until I happened to bump into Minamoto Teru who was supposedly on his way to his own classroom.

"Where are you heading to? I thought you would be in class by now."

"Ah, I was heading over to the Student Council room. Just needed to hand in this extra work." I huffed out, a small smile forming on his face.

"Always doing the extra work for us, huh [Your Name]? I'll accompany you over then."

"Minamoto, look!" A classmate of his called out.

The blonde boy stopped in his tracks before deciding to come over and see what all the commotion was about. Intrigued, I followed behind him. We walked over to his desk and as soon as I saw the scene, I felt my mood plummet as sweatdrops began to form on my forehead. I resisted the urge to facepalm. 'Oh... My... God... They seriously didn't...'

"There are summer vegetables on your desk!"

Poor Minamoto stared at his desk, very confused. He blinked a few times as he also sweatdropped. A heart-shaped card written with "Thank you for the other day." was settled in the middle which seemed pretty normal. However, it was accompanied by tomatoes and cucumbers...

"Did you save a fox or something?"

"No." He muttered, still baffled.

I cringed as I looked away, my eyes catching a certain cream-haired girl with her face buried in her hands, and an apparition floating above her. Both of them were peering into the classroom from the doorway. Yashiro had a huge red hue spread across her cheeks, obviously embarrassed. I deadpanned at Hanako who was just looking into the room with an innocent expression on his face.

|~*~|

The bell finally rung and me, Yashiro, and Hanako fled to the hallways as we travelled to our next location.

"I thought Operation: Summer Vegetables was a good idea. It had the element of surprise." Hanako contemplated while floating.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but it wasn't. They thought that it was a fox returning the favour..." I murmured, recalling some of the comments Teru's classmates had made.

"I agree with [Your Name]! We should have tried something else..." Yashiro groaned.

"A daikon returning the favour." Hanako whispered cheekily into Yashiro's ear.

That immediately struck a nerve as Yashiro wailed, jumping up and down in an attempt to hit Hanako who just floated higher and got out of her reach. He giggled as he continued to doge Yashiro's hits. I just look at the two for a brief moment with a disapproving look on my face. I watched their little quarrel as students began to gossip to one another.

|~*~|

"I've had enough. I'm going to quit gardening." Yashiro said sadly.

"Hey, come on now Nene! You have plenty of other talents that you can use!" I encouraged her, Hanako nodding in the background.

"She's right! So, let's switch to those. Let's go!" Hanako exclaimed, raising his fist. I raise my fist a little too, Yashiro half-heartedly raising her fist as well.